Army bloke with RM TRF ?????

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by wellyhead, Sep 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This weekend I saw a bloke wearing Army Commando titles and an Army Commando qual badge on an Army base but wearing what I believe is a RM TRF, that being OG patch with black dagger. Has anyone seen this before ? I mean if he was 29 RA or 59 RE I would of expected the appropriate TRF.

Oh and before you say it he did have a green lid but couldn't see the cap badge and I was too much of a scaredy cat to ask him

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Yes :D

3. Black Fairburn-Sykes dagger on green background is the TRF of 3 Cdo Brigade. Possibly someone from 1 RIFLES who's passed the AACC.

4. Pretty much all of 3 Cdo Bge. I know a lot of units don't wear TRF's, as the Fairbairn Sykes dagger patch and a TRF would look a bit silly.

5. 3 Cdo Bde TRF is worn on the right arm, commando trained (triangular shaped) black and red patch is worn on the left arm.

6. Never seen or heard of the Army Comando titles (unless it is a new thing for the Rifles or just a new thing). The OG patch with blac dagger is not the RM TRF but the 3 Cdo Bde TRF. To that end any one serving in 3 Cdo regardless of whether they have passed the Cdo cse or not can wear the badge.

The KRH (IIRCBMBW) were allowed to wear the badge during Telic in the Umm Qasr region, for supporting 3 Cdo so well - they were referred to as teh "commando horse" I think at one point.

I would have thought though (as you point out) that the appropriate Corps or Regiment TRF was worn for RE, RA, R Sigs or RLC who have men in the Bde in large numbers, but also by any other attached solider.

7. They have been around for a year or two, AFAIK 29 Cdo Regt RA and 24 Cdo Eng Regt also wear them.

8. Very true

Attached Files:

9. Plus the shoulder titles (one on each shoulder)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Have seen army and RAF commando shoulder titles, but can't find any images)

10. And the Army Commando shoulder title, that seems to be causing so much debate around these parts!

Attached Files: