Army Benevolent Fund stocktaking sale - hurry,hurry !

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The British Army Benevolent Fund are having a warehouse clearance at the moment and amongst other things they are selling the UK Gear PT-03 shoe (pictured in earlier thread) for £30 a pair.

They are also offering -
- Army crested 100% cotton tees at £4 - olive or sand
- Combat gloves £27
- ABF mugs £3

If you need a new pair of trainers the PT-03 price is 51% cheaper than normal. get them while stocks last ! :wink:

Their phone number is 0207 591 2000 and web address is http://www.armybenfund.org/national.htm

(The Army Benevolent Fund is a Registered Charity Number 211645 )

<< Courrez mes braves - les pollies ! >>

Le Chevre

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
'cos I bought summat via their website at Chrimbo I'm on a mailing list and they sent me a flyer in the mail...if you PM me with a fax number I'll whack it over to y'all.

(I would scan the flyer and stick it up here but lack both the facilies and the know-how ) :oops:

Dee Ziegemann

F-A-X???? wtf???? hmmm, isn't that the crazy old invention where you sent like a bit of paper through the telephone line??? WOW, you crazy old folk and your "hi-tec" inventions ;) hehehe

Goatman said:
'cos I bought summat via their website at Chrimbo I'm on a mailing list and they sent me a flyer in the mail...if you PM me with a fax number I'll whack it over to y'all.

(I would scan the flyer and stick it up here but lack both the facilies and the know-how ) :oops:

Dee Ziegemann
why not e-mail ABF and suggest they do so.............

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
well done Scania - CORRECTION: the phone number to order kit is

0870 774 3820

just spoke to a very nice lady who tells me they have the following in stock:

Size 6 - 1 pr
size7 - 3 prs
Size 7 1/2 - 4 prs
Size 8 1/2 - 2 prs
Size 10 - 2prs
Size 10 1/2 - 7 prs
Size 11 - 5 prs
size 12 - 5 prs

if you have kipper boxes for feet you're sorted. otherwise -
hurry,hurry hurry ! Going fast at knock down price.

Le Chevre

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
ready_wait_ready said:
F-A-X???? wtf???? hmmm, isn't that the crazy old invention where you sent like a bit of paper through the telephone line??? WOW, you crazy old folk and your "hi-tec" inventions ;) hehehe
Yup - listen to Gramps here young feller.....when I first come into the Ministry - aye, back in '79 , a cold cruel winter like we had then before this here new-fangled Global Warming ....the first FACKS machine I ever had to do with was on the fourth floor of Adastral House, guarded by a tough moll who worked the machine for you...the drum , about the same size as a washing machine, had to rotate once for every line of text.....dang flibberty-gibbet youngsters with their mobile phones and txting...don't know their born I tell ye....mutter, mumble... 8)

never mind that - get on the blower and order a pair of shoes before they all go.

Le Chevre - certified old goat

Yeehah! Just ordered my trainers from Amanda - should motivate me to start running again :lol: She failed to flog me some jewellery though - B+ for effort! :)

Only size 8.5 PT-03's left. 2 pairs according to the lovely Amanda who has just taken my order. She is ex AGC and PTI by the way.

She is also mailing me the pdf of the flyer if anyone would like it.

For anyone who wants the ABF Flyer I've posted it here (232k though).

Working now - finger trouble on my part!!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Had phone call this am from Army Ben Fund's Sian Mexsom - shoes sold out and huge thanks to ARRSE.....ah the power !

Bad CO - she will be in touch for future efforts and would like to thank those who run the Board for graciously hosting the flyer.

Le Chevre

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just to put this into context, the ABF has just sold 840 quids worth of shoes in about two hours......and the PT03 shoe will be road tested by another 28 seasoned runners.

The power of ARRSE.

Next time you get to hear of a service charity do that could use some extra PR, think about posting a dit on this board .

Remember , when in doubt - get your ARRSE in gear !

Thanks to all.

Le Chevre