Army Basic training items list?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by CReyes93, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm new to this forum so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but does anyone have a link to the current list of items needed for army basic training?
    I've been using this list but it says 2008 and I was wondering if it's still up to date.
    What to Bring to Basic Training - The Armed Forces Community

2. Before you get savaged I suggest you try the search function and try this thread as well Catterick Thread. It is New Year and am being nice.
  3. Don't forget to bring an "******** GS Emergency Breathing" you'll find them in any surplus store and a note from your mum to get you off PT is well worth having on day one!
  4. You will be provided with one prior to joining, and after attestation. Dont worry.
  5. SAS survival guide, to impress your Training Staff, it shows initiative ;)
    Go all out and get a SAS tattoo - aim high!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bed Block got to it before me. That thread is packed full of items you may not ever need. But you get a good general idea. Have a look.
  7. do not need the following-
    ironing board
    swimming trunks
    letter writing kit (unless you do not have a phone/£1 for internet usage)
    own trainers
    civis until after week 7 and even then, 1 set. (just wear your smart clothes there and back home for long weekend)
    lots of cash 50 TOPS
  8. Soldier Initial (Phase 1) Training - British Army Website You could always use the official Army web site and get the correct info...look at your Phase 1 location and then click on pre arrival information, your recruiter should give you this closer to your Oath date.Edited to add, ITC Catterick JI's come out around 4-6 weeks prior to the start date for each individual intake, all other ATR's are generic JI's.
  9. .
    Basingbourne, cira 1994, Day one bag search. The bloke next to me had brought a matchette, a pair of nunchucks, a one piece snooker cue, a set of handcuffs and numerous books on the SAS. He never made it past week 2.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I found an anvil invaluable during basic. Make sure you pack one, bigger the better.
  11. Ironing board is good to have, but it's a damned sight easier to buy one once you get there. Why don't you think you need the items I put in bold?

Own trainers are a must have item, surely? Or do they now give each recruit a choice of quality trainers they can use?

Is the MST done in the buff now, or have they started issuing swimming gear?
  12. Don't forget to pack your Nintendo Wii or your electric blanket for your basha (camping out).