Army Basic training items list?

Before you get savaged I suggest you try the search function and try this thread as well Catterick Thread. It is New Year and am being nice.

Don't forget to bring an "******** GS Emergency Breathing" you'll find them in any surplus store and a note from your mum to get you off PT is well worth having on day one!

G

gladwda

SAS survival guide, to impress your Training Staff, it shows initiative ;)
Go all out and get a SAS tattoo - aim high!

Bed Block got to it before me. That thread is packed full of items you may not ever need. But you get a good general idea. Have a look.

do not need the following-
ironing board
swimming trunks
letter writing kit (unless you do not have a phone/£1 for internet usage)
own trainers
civis until after week 7 and even then, 1 set. (just wear your smart clothes there and back home for long weekend)
lots of cash 50 TOPS

Soldier Initial (Phase 1) Training - British Army Website You could always use the official Army web site and get the correct info...look at your Phase 1 location and then click on pre arrival information, your recruiter should give you this closer to your Oath date.Edited to add, ITC Catterick JI's come out around 4-6 weeks prior to the start date for each individual intake, all other ATR's are generic JI's.

Basingbourne, cira 1994, Day one bag search. The bloke next to me had brought a matchette, a pair of nunchucks, a one piece snooker cue, a set of handcuffs and numerous books on the SAS. He never made it past week 2.

I found an anvil invaluable during basic. Make sure you pack one, bigger the better.

do not need the following-
ironing board
swimming trunks
letter writing kit (unless you do not have a phone/£1 for internet usage)
own trainers
civis until after week 7 and even then, 1 set. (just wear your smart clothes there and back home for long weekend)
lots of cash 50 TOPS
Ironing board is good to have, but it's a damned sight easier to buy one once you get there. Why don't you think you need the items I put in bold?

Own trainers are a must have item, surely? Or do they now give each recruit a choice of quality trainers they can use?

Is the MST done in the buff now, or have they started issuing swimming gear?

Latest Threads