Army Barrack visit for insight into military life

I am currently in the process of applying for Officer, and want to know if it would be a good idea for me to contact my local barracks asking for a visit? I do not know however if that would be considered as disruptive or if there are alternatives such as potential officer visits which can be applied for, because I can't find much online in relation to it.

Thanks

I am currently in the process of applying for Officer, and want to know if it would be a good idea for me to contact my local barracks asking for a visit? I do not know however if that would be considered as disruptive or if there are alternatives such as potential officer visits which can be applied for, because I can't find much online in relation to it.

Thanks
If you know what regiment you are interested in, pick up a pen and write to them better then simply emailing (just my opinion). Best bet is usually the regimental secretary, some are better than others at initially getting back to you. But they often have an officer or two looking after this area. Once you establish contact from my experience they are quite proactive in organizing a visit and very accommodating. One thing they all say is that its better to get in contact early that way they will have your name on file, shows interest ect.