Army Aviation in Ulster

Im selling a book on E-bay, Army Aviation in Ulster 1913 - 2004. If any AAC chaps are interested. Bloody good read with great pics, no more room on the bookshelf for it.

Item No : 6603541097

Dose it mention such Stars as 'Cockroach' the young lady of tender morals who utter the remark at a Kesh disco of
" I going ta Fudge the sweet ass off that F-ing Barstward"
john
For yes the conwesation took place in the privacy of the Ladies Bog which sum Agency guy had bugged.
All in the intrests of Security. Naturally.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Lord Flasheart said:
Its a very good book. I have a copy at home.

(Yours truly appears in it a few times :wink:. Enough of a reason to buy it!)
circa 1914? :lol:

Muttley my littery achivements or lack of are ledgend on many a board.
I never had the benifts of the outstanding edumacational facilities on offer to modern yuf.
As I understand we have never met I have to explain I write like I talk, a dialect of the old North West of England of my yuf.
john
Keep up the Good Work.

No. But name is familiar.
Theres only one ex Air Corps person up north where I am and he was out the mob before I joined up. A former Pilot, ex Buffs, who worked for years in civvy street. He's now 70 ish.
Younger guys tend to settle down south for the beach seance.
Bas B the Chief Clerk is/was down in Songkala working for the offshore oil/gas company, but apart from that I know nothing.
john

Not unless Ulster has moved to the Deserts of Saudi Arabia :D

Only heard it secondhand but I thought 664's favourite greenie (Ah So Tojo) was the best, picking up a loaded weapon at a security briefing and letting off a round which went upstairs, through a desk and a splinter went up somebody's nose. The loaded weapon belonged to the secret squirrel that was giving the briefing so Tojo got away with it.

I'm sure somebody who was there could tell the full story but oh how we laughed back at Minden.

Urban myth? AAC duty driver picking up at either Aldergrove or Belfast City airport, spots a fight break out between two civvies and pulls his personal protection weapon to break it up. Is promptly arrested by the RUC, along with the two civvies. True or false? Story did the rounds mid 80's.

mistersoft said:
Only heard it secondhand but I thought 664's favourite greenie (Ah So Tojo) was the best, picking up a loaded weapon at a security briefing and letting off a round which went upstairs, through a desk and a splinter went up somebody's nose. The loaded weapon belonged to the secret squirrel that was giving the briefing so Tojo got away with it.

I'm sure somebody who was there could tell the full story but oh how we laughed back at Minden.
Funnily enough I was talking about this with the wounded soldiers mate over on the Channel 4 news forum.

Trev had arranged to have the Int guys at the castle give us a talk on IRA weapons. The guy in the funny coloured beret had brought a collection of ex ira stuff for us to play with but rather stupidly had placed his personal weapon on the bar at the same time (the lecture was held in the rest room thingy). Some greeny picked it up (was Tojo IC REME, in which case it wasn't him) waved it in the air a couple of times, racked the slide, sighted carefully at the wooden top of the bar and squeezed an imaginary one off - except it wasn't imaginary and the round kicked into the bartop and a splinter went into the Int guys nose.

I was in Bessbrook or St Angelo at the time doing loadmaster duties but got a blow by blow account when I got back mid afternoon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alfred_the_great Aviation 29
TheresaMay Aviation 4
india-juliet Aviation 2