Army Athletics

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Wyvern, Jan 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Was wondering if anyone could help - I'm (hopefully) getting back into throwing, and was wondering what the army standards for women's hammer and discus were like, and when/where competitions were held?
    The website is a bit pish, doesn't tell you much.
  2. What Corps are you, I could poss find out who your rep is and direct you further.

3. I'm an RAMC Medical Cadet, so still at uni. Also kind-of attached to the Queens Own Yeomanry.
  4. Div championships normally held in may, with successful units going through to the Army Unit Champsionships (normally in Aldershot) in late July time.

If you are good enough there is also the individual championships as well, also in July time. Its been a few years since I competed (Inter-serivces 1500m) but I don't think its changed that much. Your Corps should have an athletics officer who will have all the dates. If you're really stuck the Army Athletics board used to be based in Aldershot near the PT School it would be worth giving them a ring.

Hope that this helps.