Hello there. First things first. I failed AOSB and decided I liked a few jobs as a enlisted man and started the ball rolling a month or so ago. I'm in the TA so it was taking some time to process and get a Barb sorted out. At this point I was interested in seeing what I was deemed suitable for, and had it pointed out that during this time that if I've completed ADSC and don't like the job offers available, I could decline them and walk away. If I got to that point I wouldn't walk away, but I was told the option was there. During this processing period I saw a job on the navy website in a officer role that also interested. I put the application in, have since done the RT and I'm waiting on the medicals. I had spoken to my TA unit in regards initially to my interest in going regular, but also had mentioned the navy. The advice I was given unofficially I think, was that I could theoretically have two applications running at the same time, but obviously I would have to choose one when it come down to it. I have since had a phone call from my recruiting Sgt saying he's been told I have a concurrent application running and that I need to chose ASAP. I think the premise was before the Barb, which is before the naval medical. To be honest because of the stage I was at for both, I had not told the army contact about the concurrent application, but at the beginning told the naval contact that I had put in a regular soldier application and that I had attempted and been unsuccessful at AOSB. Because of this I can appreciate why the Sgt was annoyed, but based on his responses from before and the advise from my unit, I didn't see an issue arising, and should I get past some of the more important stages of both applications, I would inform them what was happening out of common courtesy. I like the look of both roles, have experience in the army from the TA, but also like the look of the navy and the lifestyle and traditions and whatnot. Both careers appeal to me. I'm inclined to put my army application on hold as I'll be near the 29 year old cut off soon for the navy, although at such an early stage I didn't want to have to chose before I've had a barb test. Would those reading suggest I try and get a barb test done first and see what happens, or make a decision within the next week or so, before I can progress any further with the navy.