Army Application

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Pukka, Dec 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a civilian who is in the process of applying to join the army. I have done the BARB tests, and passed the 1.5 mile run, but today received a letter saying I am medically unsuitable. Its due to a stomach condition I had when I was younger. I had erosive gastritis, and took medication for about two years. I have'nt taken or been prescribed anything for over 5 years, and have'nt experienced any difficulties either. I have been told that I can appeal by getting my doctor to write a letter stating that its not a problem for me anymore. Can anyone give me some advice as to what I should get my doctor to say, or does it make no difference, and they are likely to reject me again anyway? If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it, as I am gutted that something that does'nt affect me anymore is stopping me from joining.

2. I haven't got any advice for you but your choice of terminology made me snigger!
  3. Gaviscon and Tubigrip mate.