Army Application: Type of disclosure?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by TwentyThreeSixtyEight, Mar 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I was wondering what type if any disclosure has to be filled in when applying for the Army? I have recently had some charges brought against me dropped, and have been told the information on this may only be brought up in an enhanced disclosure (I was not convicted, charges were dropped and no action taken against me).

Just wondering if this would hamper my joining in any way?

Thanks in advance!

2. if charges were dropped and no action taken against you then i do not believe you need to disclose that

3. You have to declare convictions and charges pending. If the charge has been formally dropped then it does not count. If they have simply not taken action, then you should declare it.

4. Disclosure of criminal convictions when applying to the army is governed by the rehabilitation of offenders act and it not convicted of an offence then there is nothing to be declared.

Some trades are exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act, such as police (RMP) and medical trades, but on the whole if you have not been proceeded against I would simply discuss the matter with the recruiting office staff at the AFCO dealing with your application, they can give you guidance and Iam sure they will have dealt with this problem in the past and if they require any clarification they can go through the relevant chain of command for advice.

If you need further assistance please let me know by PM and I will try to advise you informally, just to let you know each case is dealt with on its own merits and the circumstances, the staff in the recruiting office are all experienced and will assist you with the best course of action.

Depending upon the original charges this may have an effect, but if the charges were dropped by the cps then in theory it is as if you were never prosecuted or charged and is a clean sheet.

R.