Army and RAF step up training for close quarters combat

Ministry of Defence said:
Two new training facilities have opened this week as operations in Afghanistan draw down, and the Army and the RAF Regiment are preparing for possible future operations and the need for urban warfare skills.

More...

Looked female to me with a little blonde bobble poking out of the back of her lid?

RAF training for closer quarters combat.....

...well, you should have seen the scrum around the brunch counter on a weekend at RAF Brampton. Not a pretty sight.

Rodney2q

a female gunner?,not just the sun which has crap writers then.
Must resist the urge!

Can't do it, must be one of those himshes as part of the RAF gender tree hugging crap :)

Insert any previous remark regarding, protecting the naffi and short range desert group.

Feel better now. :)

Serious note

Interesting in this day and age we can't just have one centre of excellence?

I don't like the use of the word 'operators', it sounds all a bit Andy McNabb to me.

...Serious note Interesting in this day and age we can't just have one centre of excellence?
Because we cant have the Army getting all shouty at the the genteel RAF types.

It's too sensible a proposition having the one training centre when more money can be spent building a whole new one and staffing it.

a female gunner?,not just the sun which has crap writers then.
Why not? Females aren't allowed on ops where deliberate contact with the enemy is the aim; nothing in that statement has anything to do with rocks! ;)

In the dark recesses of my mind did I read a few years ago the the yanks were going to stop close quarters training or was it us?

We had female "gunners" but they were not employed in a gunners role. They did the training but were used as female searchers, translators and in a liason role.

So I guess its possible in this story, although I would be amazed if she was ever deployed in a gunners role. ...in fact, no I would not, because it would not happen.

What is the sense in the RAF building a blank firing CQB range?

Why does the Defence media organisation have to be so effing PC and ram the "jointery" thing down our thoats. So the RAF has the Short range Desert Group to pose around FOBs, but in real terms The Army does close quarter combat, the RAF fly planes (clue is in the name) and the Navy does things on ships - live with it!

In the dark recesses of my mind did I read a few years ago the the yanks were going to stop close quarters training or was it us?
:? That might have been just you lot.

Hand-to-Hand Sm.jpg

Why does the Defence media organisation have to be so effing PC and ram the "jointery" thing down our thoats. So the RAF has the Short range Desert Group to pose around FOBs, but in real terms The Army does close quarter combat, the RAF fly planes (clue is in the name) and the Navy does things on ships - live with it!
Hmmm..the Army fly helicopters, the Navy have Infantry and the RAF have boats to rescue downed pilots.

Next you will be saying we should use Stobbarts to deliver things rather than the RLC, use the local electrician instead of the REME and have London taxi drivers deliver troops to the front line ;)