Army and RAF step up training for close quarters combat

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by MoD_RSS, May 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. a female gunner?,not just the sun which has crap writers then.

3. Looked female to me with a little blonde bobble poking out of the back of her lid?

4. RAF training for closer quarters combat.....

...well, you should have seen the scrum around the brunch counter on a weekend at RAF Brampton. Not a pretty sight.

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

6. Must resist the urge!

Can't do it, must be one of those himshes as part of the RAF gender tree hugging crap :)

Insert any previous remark regarding, protecting the naffi and short range desert group.

Feel better now. :)

Serious note

Interesting in this day and age we can't just have one centre of excellence?

7. I don't like the use of the word 'operators', it sounds all a bit Andy McNabb to me.

8. Because we cant have the Army getting all shouty at the the genteel RAF types.

It's too sensible a proposition having the one training centre when more money can be spent building a whole new one and staffing it.

9. Been through the LLUST house at Whinny Hill - Quite an interesting bit of kit, especially the debrief afterwards.

10. The Navy PR has****ed up here methinks... surely it should be Army, RAF and RM?

11. Why not? Females aren't allowed on ops where deliberate contact with the enemy is the aim; nothing in that statement has anything to do with rocks! ;)

12. In the dark recesses of my mind did I read a few years ago the the yanks were going to stop close quarters training or was it us?

13. We had female "gunners" but they were not employed in a gunners role. They did the training but were used as female searchers, translators and in a liason role.

So I guess its possible in this story, although I would be amazed if she was ever deployed in a gunners role. ...in fact, no I would not, because it would not happen.

14. I saw ALOT of chicks in the "gunner's role", eating ice creams at the EFI.

15. Sums it up pretty well I think.