Army Air Corps Soldier

Hi,

I was thinking of joining the AAC and was wondering if you could give me some advice. I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions! What do you do on a day to day basis? Do you enjoy your job? Are there many females in your unit? What are the chances that after training, I'll be deployed to Iraq or Afganistan?

This'll be interesting!

PCGirl said:
Hi,

I was thinking of joining the AAC and was wondering if you could give me some advice. I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions! What do you do on a day to day basis? Do you enjoy your job? Are there many females in your unit? What are the chances that after training, I'll be deployed to Iraq or Afganistan?
I'm not in the AAC but most Military units a few females, you'll probably find more females in medical units.

As for being deployed, you should probably be asking what are the chances of NOT being deployed in your career

PCGirl said:
Hi,

There is a nice polite member of Arrse called Minister_doh_nut

If you PM him he will gladly let you know the ins and outs, :wink: amongst other things, of being in the AAC.

He might even be persuaded to visit you personally to offer any tips :wink: and show you the ropes :wink: If he calls round don't let him in your back doors :wink: I'm sure you will bond with him though. :wink:

:D :D

Are the AAC "real" soldiers or just RAF spies

If you are lucky you will get to polish The Lord Flashearts Knob, the one on his chopper that switches the thingummyjig on (you don't need to know the technical stuff).

You should fit in fine as a girl, 95 percent of the AAC squat to p iss anyway so you should have no dramas.

The hat is pretty aswell, in a "massively eye wateringly Queggish" way so again you wont be picked on for being too "mannish"

To see what they do, rather than organising a FAM visit, pop down to yourl local taxi office and hang around in there fo a bit to savour the atmosphere

Hope this helps.

PCGirl said:
lol serious advice please.
That was serious advice. I'd also suggest you nip down the petrol station and douse yourself in fuel. You can then practise washing the smell out of your hair and clothes.

Nothing worse than a stinky bowser mong.

StabTiffy2B said:
PCGirl said:
lol serious advice please.
That was serious advice. I'd also suggest you nip down the petrol station and douse yourself in fuel. You can then practise washing the smell out of your hair and clothes.

Nothing worse than a stinky bowser mong.

What would you know, Plug?

You're a civvy cadet ffs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Aviation 10
homeless Army Reserve 3
PartTimePongo Aviation 3