Army Air Corps Soldier

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by PCGirl, Feb 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I was thinking of joining the AAC and was wondering if you could give me some advice. I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions! What do you do on a day to day basis? Do you enjoy your job? Are there many females in your unit? What are the chances that after training, I'll be deployed to Iraq or Afganistan?

2. This'll be interesting!

3. I'm not in the AAC but most Military units a few females, you'll probably find more females in medical units.

As for being deployed, you should probably be asking what are the chances of NOT being deployed in your career

4. Take cover :D

5. There is a nice polite member of Arrse called Minister_doh_nut

If you PM him he will gladly let you know the ins and outs, :wink: amongst other things, of being in the AAC.

He might even be persuaded to visit you personally to offer any tips :wink: and show you the ropes :wink: If he calls round don't let him in your back doors :wink: I'm sure you will bond with him though. :wink:

:D :D

6. Have you phoned you local Army Recruiting Office?

7. lol not yet, i might phone tomorrow. i want as much information beforehand as possible.

8. check your pm's

9. Try this link, it has all the info and contact details you will require. Good luck:

AAC Soldier details

10. Noting much happens, we polish the blades and eat chips.

11. Are the AAC "real" soldiers or just RAF spies

12. If you are lucky you will get to polish The Lord Flashearts Knob, the one on his chopper that switches the thingummyjig on (you don't need to know the technical stuff).

13. You are having a giraffe - non?

14. A long and stretchy one ;-)