Army after school

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by 5.56mm, Dec 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,
    I want to join the army next year when I leave school. A question I have though is whats the earliest I can join after my GCSE's. By this I mean can I join straight after them without having to wait for the results?

Thanks.

2. If you are going in the Infantry, you do not need any formal qualifiations, or at least you didn't in my day. As long as the score on your BARB test is low enough to get you in you should be fine!

T_M

3. no sorry mate you only officially leave school when you have received your GCSE results
    nuffz

4. I believe that the application is linked to your age, not the academic year.

And of course if you're under 18, you'll need a note from your parents ;)

5. I left school in 1985 and didn't take any examinations, so "officially" am I still a schoolie? :D

T_M

6. You could write on the slate board then though T_M. :D

Even if your 16 during year 11 the first places at ADC Bassingbourn will be late August and for AFC September of the year they take their exams. Under no circumstances would a junior be able to join until then even if they dont take exams even if they didnt require MAQ's.

7. Thanks, I want to go in as soon as I leave school. So hopefully I'll get into Bassingbourn.

8. lucky ****, I'd have loved to have stuck school out, done my a-levels and joined as an Officer :(