Army admits blunder over raid on home of Basra MP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ooops!

Army appologise for botched raid
  2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

That's on a par with the accidental precision targetting of the Chinese embassy back a while.

Shoot the G2 cell, pour encourager les autres :roll:

Le Chevre
  3. Boss guy: "That was BAD, Intellience! Bad, Intelligence"
    I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. (in surfer drawl): "I'm sorry"

4. What was he doing with a Quarter of a million dollars under the bed?
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

yeah I wondered that too.....

Sshhh! he's obviously a close friend of Bechtel/KBR/Halliburton and was just looking after it for them.......

Have you seen some of the audit reports on what was going on in the days of the late and unlamented Mister Bremer ? They had people going around the country with CARLOADS of US taxpayers finest.....

More likely to be freshly pressed nice clean US Govt issue greenbacks
    (good dollars) than filthy tainted oil-stained Jihadi lucre ( bad, naughty dollars) I would guess...... :lol:

if you were a Pro-US Iraqi MP, still not sure if Saddam's henchmen were going to retake the Central Bank where would YOU keep your 'pension fund' ? the local branch of Al-Tikriti Friendly Society ?

or under the bed with your AK ?

Le Chevre
  6. He is a rich and powerful man and was born into wealth. Hence why he has a mansion and 'loadsa money!!!!' :D
  7. Why is it that failed ops are almost always blamed on 'poor intelligence' and succesful ops on 'good planning'?

Those G2 bods really are an easy target. Now where have I heard ...... it was all the fault of those intelligence people. mmmm?

I suppose this was part of the orders for the op.

" Right lads, once we are in the grounds of the house, here's what you do....

.......smash the windows of the cars parked in the garage, smash the computer to the ground and take all money found from the house..... any questions?

8. Which as a shia , Saddam graciously allowed him and his family to keep without persecution or seizure?
  9. quite true, but doesnt put him in with saddams clique
  10. "Unless they give us a proper explanation for behaving like criminals and offer adequate compensation, relations could become very bad."

I guess the 1/4 Million just gets bigger. :roll:
  11. Dosvidanya,

Your reply deleted KGB_resident, because it's not clear as to whether this post was humour, or you're the resident GRU spook west of the Euphrates.

12. That money was just resting under his bed...

Any chance that we could hear "US apologises for strike on Sedgefield MPs house"? Presumably a large sum of money would be found under the wife's bed?? :twisted:
  13. Dear sir!

First of all, Dosvidanya in Russian means 'Good buy'. In Russian (and I believe in English) it has clear meaning ('you are not welcome'). But why? I prefer to see something like 'we very much appresiate...' and 'but unfortunately...'

Btw 'Spasibo' (=thanks) is more correct transliteration than 'Spasiba'.

It seems to me that you regard my post too seriously, though you have right to it. Moreover, I feel that you belive that my version is very probable.

Your supposition that your obeyed servant is resident of GRU (Glavnoye Razvedyvatelnoye Upravleniye) is laughable. You can't believe, but my uncle was indeed a colonel of GRU and father was colonel of KGB. But I'm absolutely civil man.

I wish you all the best, warmest regards from Moscow.

Sincerely yours Sergey.
  14. msr

msr LE

'Good bye' surely?

Khoroshaya pokupka
  15. As illiterate Russian I should be forgiven. Moreover, you understand me pretty well. May I ask, why my first post was deleted? I hoped that it was funny enough and ideally fits the name of this site.