Army accused of sex discrimination in DET......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Male members of the unit made up salacious stories about female personnel and referred to the women’s accommodation as “Tampax Towers”.

F.uckin 'ell, send the lot of them to colly! Is this really news worthy?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The Times said:
ONE of the army’s most secretive special forces units is facing allegations of sex discrimination and bullying from a female corporal who accuses some of its soldiers of using a picture of her for live target practice.

Corporal Leah Mates, ... with the Det...

This should be in the NAAFI for more erudite comment...

With a headline like "Woman soldier was used for target practice" I was ready to read of some very dodgy range proceedures, only to find that there was nothing more than a picture put on a target and used to make a range day a little less boring.

For her to say that she found that a direct threat to her life proves only that she wasn't mentally stable enough for the job and that that in itself could have been the reason that she was passed over for some postings. A pathetic story out of nothing and once again a case of someone who, having found that she couldn't hack the pace, deciding to accuse the system of discrimination.

Pathetic. But that is of course only my opinion based on the article, not a policy statement.

I know her, she is/was (not sure if it's still ongoing) also trying to get a Yeoman from the other unit she served with in Northern Ireland done for telling several juniors to "stop whinging like f*cking girls", which he later apologised to the two girls present for when he realised it could be taken the wrong way.

She always was gobby, and she always claimed she'd been discriminated against at her previous unit to.

editted to make a sentence make sense

jimmys_best_mate said:
I know her, she is/was (not sure if it's still ongoing) also trying to get a Yeoman from the other unit she served with in Northern Ireland done for telling us several juniors to "stop whinging like f*cking girls", which he later apologised to the two girls present for when he realised it could be taken the wrong way.

She always was gobby, and she always claimed she'd been discriminated against at her previous unit to.
So there seems to be a pattern of her 'crying' discrimination which I'm sure any tribunal worth is's salt will choose to ignore so that justice is seen to be done rather than have anything to do with real justice.

Appart from showing a history, it also points to why she wouldn't be, let us say, high on the popularity ladder and as such treated as any other 'drama queen' male or female would.

B

Biscuits_AB

Another Doris who wasn't cutting it and blames it on the fact that she has tits. SOPs now when they can't get their own way.

How did she get near JCUNI?

When she goes, she'll no doubt sell an exclusive to the Daily Mail about:

'How she proved that wimmin can operate on the Front Line........Covertly'.

Tampax Towers? How cruel? Those SF types.......they are so uncouth!

I'm fed up with this sex discrimination bit... my firm takes it that seriously, we even have a documented policy on how it must be done! FFS! (or have I read the policy wrong????)

I assume not an operator but a scaley in support. Abuse probably from the scaley det. Dragging 14 into this is probably irrelevent to the issues at hand but allows the press to make up more bollocks about SF.

FFS

SF

She's clearly a mong, with no sense of humour.

Direct threat to life? Do me a favour. Hint to stop pissing people off perhaps. If she was actually any good at her job, I'm sure people wouldn't have given her such a hard time. Getting top marks in tests proves nothing more than that you have a good memory. Inter-personal skills are just as important as brains when it comes to doing the job, and from the way she got ribbed I would guess she is lacking in this department. If anything is likely to be career limiting, pissing off your work-mates is a guaranteed show stopper. All she is doing by whinging now is proving that she was a waste of space.

The army is an equal opportunities employer. Everybody gets the piss ripped out of them, whether they are black, white, yellow, male, female, straight or gay. Nobody cares so long as you can do your job and not piss people off. Good riddance.

What was that saying again?

Oh yes,

IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE JOINED

I am getting a dim recollection of the said bird and if its who I am thinking of she was a fcuking mong anyone else remember her?

There are good soldiers in the signals too. Honest.

Short Fuse hit the nail on the Head, a Scaley ATTACHED Rank. I couldn't understsand how anyone who had passed selection for 14 Int could wimp out over typical male comments.
Mind you the "her Managers" remark says much about the state of Blurs New Model Army.
john
They where NCO's in my time.

Why is it that these people only sue the Army once they sign off. :roll: If you have done nothing wrong and can look your boss in the eye, I for one would support them. But to run then whinge stikes me as guilt, in these type of cases. I noticed from the Times that she did not stick in a redress because she thought it would be a waste of time. I was under the impression that was one of the requirements that a service person would first have to undertake before going to court, so to show she attempted to resolve the dispute at the lowest level. Or do the courts now not trust the Service redress system?

geepod, she joined the army. If I was as bad as she seems to be I would have had a hard time and I accept that. It's the way ist is. What you suggest is that, unlike the equality she says she wants, we should treat her differently from anyone else. How can that be right? If she was being bullied because she was a woman fine. That's wrong. But it sounds like she was getting a slightly more difficult time, not a hard one, because she wasn't up to the job or wouldn't mix. She doesn't want equality. she wants special treatment and her own way and none of us should be asked to accept that of any of our peers regardless of race colour or sex.

geepod said:
Well i am no longer a member of HM forces, however i was but came out in 1995. Personally from the comments made so far just goes to show that the army is still full of complete half wits and w******. I have nothing against the amred forces, i have best mates still serving and i thoroughly enjoyed my time with the army. however it was and still is full of halfwit, gung ho retards who think there the bees knees and laot still thinking that women should not be in the army.
I think she has been unfairly treated, and that has no bearing on her suitability to serve in the unit which she did. Suffering sexual harrassment is not humorous whether you are male or female, and whether she is in the DET or not has no bearing on whether she should take it as a joke.
It should not exist in the first place for her or anyone else to suffer.

If some of you guys in there would grow a pair and stand up for the rights in the world instead of following suit like little sheep perhaps our armed forces would not be full of automata who lack the ability to think and feel for themselves and to stand up for what they beleive to be just and worthwhile, maybe there would even be some originality instead of the same ols shite drilled into you in recruti training.

I wish her all the luck in the world and hope she gets her justsice and the ********* who are guilty of harassment are duely punished.

And before you have some sad comments to reply such as i was wnaker hwo couldnt hack it, or i must love her, or i must be some woman loving pansy who couldnt hack it in the army. I served 6 years in the parachute regiment and UKSF and anyone who does not like my view can blow me.

Grow up guys, start thinking for yourselves and be original.
Was that 3 years in the Paras and 3 SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.