Army Accronyms

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by RPGTabs, Sep 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just joined the TA and been sent a shed load of papers to wade through - trouble is I don't know what most the accronymns stand for. It's going to take me three years to find out what OJARs, LSN/PIC OEC and all that means - and that is just on my attachment and posting order! Is there anywhere all these things are listed with explanations for the congenitally thick?
  2. I've been in 10 yrs + and I haven't a clue on any of those, and I normally pride myself on my TLA's

3. OJAR is the Officers' Joint Appraisal Report (annual confidential report).

PIC is the Post Identification Code (not sure if that is 100% correct), but it is the number that identifies which post you are filling on a Unit Establishment (the list of all the posts a unit has). I assume that LSN is the term used for a post number on another type of establishment (Loan Service Number possibly for overseas posts)

OEC - again, not entirely sure but possibly Operational Establishment Code, to denote the post numbers on deployed ops for non-formed units.
  4. Line Serial Number, as per Unit Establishment AFB 8005. Your Chief Clerk should hold a copy.