Army abuse trial collapses

Harumph back in my day we were killed twice a day and grateful for the experience.

I'm assuming this relates to the current set up at Harrogate and not the old Apprentices College?
I'm not dismissing the claims of the young lads and lasses there and good luck to them if the claims have any substance.
I reckon most of us Apprentices suffered both mental and physical abuse back in the day (I was there 71-73), but suspect they would need to deploy a combination of mediums and mini diggers to get most of our instructors into the dock!

In spite of the MOD (quite rightly) refusing to comment any further, Lord High Admiral Colonel Kemp of Troops Imperial Across the Galaxy wasn't short of some comments:

Col Richard Kemp, former British Army commander in Afghanistan, told the Mail on Sunday: "'This is extraordinary, I have never heard of a case of this scale.

"If these charges are proven it will certainly be detrimental to the Army from a recruiting perspective.

"But I am incredulous as well as surprised. While there must be some aggression in recruit training, what is alleged goes far beyond what is acceptable.
Mr Kemp, why don't you shut the f&ck up?

In spite of the MOD (quite rightly) refusing to comment any further, Lord High Admiral Colonel Kemp of Troops Imperial Across the Galaxy wasn't short of some comments:

Col Richard Kemp, former British Army commander in Afghanistan, told the Mail on Sunday: "'This is extraordinary, I have never heard of a case of this scale.

"If these charges are proven it will certainly be detrimental to the Army from a recruiting perspective.

"But I am incredulous as well as surprised. While there must be some aggression in recruit training, what is alleged goes far beyond what is acceptable.
I assume he is paid for this gem of wisdom?

He appears to be in the know about more subjects than @meerkatz

He can't be all that bad, he does hate Corbyn after all.....

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs

Had he really changed his name to 'Col Richard Kemp, former British Army commander in Afghanistan'?

All credit to the 16 yr olds !!

They are doing something about their lives - not hanging about and whinging.

JPC was a good example - turned out Soldiers with a lower failure rate than the norm - it looks similar in Harrogate.

As for the NCO's guilty of Beasting / Abuse - SNLR !!

With Recruitment being an utter failure - this expose by the Beeb - is cynically starting up the Outrage Bus - AGAIN - which does NOT help.
Maybe the Beeb feels that it's losing its younger audience, to other social media, and by highlighting this aberration,hopes to push its figures upwards - no chance IMHO.

JPC was a good example - turned out Soldiers with a lower failure rate than the norm - it looks similar in Harrogate.

With Recruitment being an utter failure - this expose by the Beeb - is cynically starting up the Outrage Bus - AGAIN - which does NOT help.
Maybe the Beeb feels that it's losing its younger audience, to other social media, and by highlighting this aberration,hopes to push its figures upwards - no chance IMHO.
Unfortunately I can't view the article. What was egregious about the BBC reporting?

Curses MODnet strikes again, will have to wait til later.

To me there is no difference between a 16 year old going to Harrogate, and a 16 yr becoming a journeyman apprentice on civi street, it’s just training for a future career, nothing wrong with that.