• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Army 2020 Refine

grand well don’t count them as inf
... agreed ... they should be ERE posts.
so maybe waddy the idea and as a training task comes up, taskorg/trickle post into OMLT Somalia (or whatever).
Agreed again, as above. The argument, though, which I think's valid and agree with, is that there isn't enough spare in the system so an 'OMLT -type' unit needs to be established. Where I and most others disagree is that it shouldn't be based on an inf unit (or units), and I strongly disagree that we can do it on the scale we've tried to and are intending to; it simply devalues our OMLT / BMATT / LS value in the eyes of the recipients and rather than gain influence we lose it - look at all the training in Afghanistan and Iraq which is being led by others while the Brits are sidelined. We're no longer seen to be the military and leadership experts we liked to think we were.
t does however create a balanced force with the capability to respond to a wide range of threats
Plenty of other countries seem able to do that equally effectively on a rather smaller budget: Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, etc ...

If the driver's spending 2% of GDP on the military and security there are plenty of options other than aircraft carriers, armour, cap badges and public duties.

Agreed again, as above. The argument, though, which I think's valid and agree with, is that there isn't enough spare in the system so an 'OMLT -type' unit needs to be established. Where I and most others disagree is that it shouldn't be based on an inf unit (or units), and I strongly disagree that we can do it on the scale we've tried to and are intending to; it simply devalues our OMLT / BMATT / LS value in the eyes of the recipients and rather than gain influence we lose it - look at all the training in Afghanistan and Iraq which is being led by others while the Brits are sidelined. We're no longer seen to be the military and leadership experts we liked to think we were.
Plenty of other countries seem able to do that equally effectively on a rather smaller budget: Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, etc
Absolutely and with the need for these types of ops to be enduring that will mean rotating larger OMLTs say every 6 months rather than a small number every year or 2.

Which then affects the quality of delivery.

Of course the other part of it is the SIBs could also get kinetic

The Americans realised in the 70's, that one of the British Armies great strengths was that no two units approaching the same problem would find the same solution. Conformity is a killer.

Prehaps we shall be soon recruiting overseas again, 60th Foot (Royal American)?

Last edited:
Absolutely and with the need for these types of ops to be enduring that will mean rotating larger OMLTs say every 6 months rather than a small number every year or 2.
Why?

What part of we're not capable of doing this on a large scale do you not accept / understand?

We're already as close to paying people to take our free help as you can get!
Of course the other part of it is the SIBs could also get kinetic
OMLTs already are "kinetic" - what do you think the 'O' stands for?

In 1933 the German Military failed to spend all it's budget.

In a perfect Labour world the "person" issuing the Army numbers would be the last to go.

But it's not a perfect world, just don't want an Army so small that they stopped issuing numbers as they all know each others first names.

Yes, I know, Atkin"son" T. indicates and falls out incorrectly.

And that stocky little one in the middle of the middle rank, looks like he took a bit of a general kicking. Face included, by bruising and and swelling I would say about 3 days before filming.................. Aaaah the good old days.

Last edited: