ARMY 100

Well done to the loggies who qualified for the Army 100 this year at the Army Operational Shooting Competition.

18 boys and girls from the Corp, quality representation against the inf and the Gurkhas.

Wear the badge proudly!

:D :D :D :D :D

M

Mr_Logic

Well done to those firers. Soldiers who are able to handle their weapons that well and fire fast accurate shots are exactly the sort of people you want by your side when your convoy gets ambushed.

While maintaining individual PERSEC, it would be interesting to hear which Regiments were represented. I'm guessing 2LSR and 9 Sup were both there. Who else?

The Army hundred was very well presented by the Corps. members from 2, 9, NICSS, 7, and 25 Regts were all there. We now have Pte Soldiers in the Corps wearing the Army 100 badge! This is the type of performance that will keep the RLC's profile high. We did not see any members from the supposed "Elite" RLC units. Wonder why?

M

Mr_Logic

Apparently 13 Air Assault always do well at the RLC Mil Skills but have two left hands when it comes to shooting. Strange that they should not be better at our primary means of killing the enemy?

I am sure there is some subtle and ironic comment to make about 5.56mm rounds travelling faster than an airborne warrior can run, but I can't think of it.

I seem to remember it was the Booties not being able to hit a cow's arse at five paces with a shovel on the Lamb Trophy. Deepcut always won the question stands (Hummmm, wonder why), but the paras weren't bad on the falling plate. Only the paras could put it all together to win, unless the organisers made it double points for knowing the flow through rate for a mobile bath and laundry unit!!!

Well done to all this year's participants, and especially you non-Inf guys.

I know from personal experience, over many years, how much work that took. Tick VG to y'all.

B_S

Whilst we are on the subject, what the Fcuk happened to the gunners in the Methuen Cup this year?
With a score of 875 something drastic must have happened because 6 civvy teams beat them with the exception of two teams using Lee Enfields!

So that's 18 that can shoot in the Corps - what about the rest!

Henry_Tombs said:
Whilst we are on the subject, what the Fcuk happened to the gunners in the Methuen Cup this year?
With a score of 875 something drastic must have happened because 6 civvy teams beat them with the exception of two teams using Lee Enfields!
Same as every year, Henry ... beaten by loads of other Teams.
I must have a look at the results .... :wink:

No Methuen result found.
Still, I see the RAF beat the Army at both SR and SP, so there's some hope ... :D

Thanks Henry.

Oh dear. I assume ...
SOAF came 1st as usual.
Canadian Armed Forces 2nd.

RAF Air Command 3rd .... :clap:

Ghurkhas 4th ... that's a surprise. Too many deployed?
And then ... some teams of soldiers and sailors?

[edit ... ooops, and the Irish PDF beat the Booties? Damn that Steyr ... it should be banned. :lol: ]

Most satisfactory year for the RAF, then, having already beaten the Army in the Inter-Service military disciplines.
Just the Target Rifle [ :sleepy: ] to go, then. :wink:

I nicked the picture from a site dedicated to the AR15 crowd who always do well in the event; in fact I'm pretty sure RAF command won it this year. I was too busy trying to look disgusted at the Aussies to see who collected the prize from Lord Methuen!

Henry_Tombs said:
I nicked the picture from a site dedicated to the AR15 crowd who always do well in the event; in fact I'm pretty sure RAF command won it this year. I was too busy trying to look disgusted at the Aussies to see who collected the prize from Lord Methuen!
Joking apart, I do accept deployments cannot be helping Army teams.
The RAF Air guys tend to be UK-based tecchies.
That said, there were only about 40 at the RAF Meeting, so there's not a big pool to draw from. Unless you let JP shoot twice ... this year he got his 13th Queen's medal. The picture below is 2 years out of date!!

Attachments

I did lend one of the RAF Command lads my Lee Enfield No5 for the moving man in Pirbright on Tuesday evening and he doubled my score..................there's no justice!

Well done to all the new '100's...I am looking forward to returning to shooting next year now that I am back from sunnier climates.

Can someone pm me the results if they have them.

OB, Check PM's.

Enjoy.

Mr_Logic said:
Apparently 13 Air Assault always do well at the RLC Mil Skills but have two left hands when it comes to shooting. Strange that they should not be better at our primary means of killing the enemy?

I am sure there is some subtle and ironic comment to make about 5.56mm rounds travelling faster than an airborne warrior can run, but I can't think of it.
Not subtle or ironic, i am pleased that you have got time to sit in a fire trench on the range for weeks on end practicing the same "competion" shoots. its all well and good knowing where and when the targets will appear. its another thing to advance to contact in the pi55ing rain for miles on end over arduos terrain and then do a Plt/Coy attack, or to hit the tgt when it isnt a fig 11/12.

military skills isnt about badges, wings or rifles.

You cheese d i c k, Comp shooting is the perfect Trg tool to enhance combat shooting. I agree it is no-where near what you would expect during operations but do you really think a yealy APWT is enough? The main point is the AB warriors are happy to compete in "bergens on, run up hill" type comps, but are too scared to be beaten by us mere loggies at Mil skills other than tabbing!
Its a good thing the majority of proper Infantry units have realised that using shooting competitions to enhance thier rifle Trg is a great tool (Because you can get a hell of alot more Ammo than you would through your normal chain).
Give it a go, you never know you might not be that embarrassed, and maybe your unit might win the "PARA" cup, nothing better than seeing the Royal Sigs/REME/RLC win that trophy!