Army ‘to be cut by 20,000’ if No 10 plan is approved

And yet - where have I said anything untrue? If he's spent years studying these things he must be aware how easy it and cheap it is to make a drone, how these things can be used in swarms etc, how they can be autonomous and commanded remotely and fitted with payloads.
I would be ashamed if I spent years studying stuff and didn't know or take threats seriously.

Cheap easy drones have a battery life of 15-25 minutes.

Yeah, why should the UK worry about troublesome alliances like NATO which states that Russia and China are security issues. Let's walk away from our treaty commitments to Europe and the USA; but as we're such wonderful people, should we ever get into trouble about anything in the future, I'm sure the Europeans and North Americans will rush to our aid.
Yet the main NATO member on the continent is bending over backwards to trade with both at the cost of its economic/political bloc interests.

Germany is Homo Amazonus writ large "I spend/consume, therefore I am"

They didn't get there all by themselves.
Well, most of them can’t get anywhere by themselves! And if they do manage to get themselves somewhere they shouldn’t be, then it’s someone else’s fault anyway!

The USMC Lt may see his mission as killing people, it’s core to their training, but it’s not their only mission. In Guantanamo their mission is not to kill the prisoners they hold, in Japan it’s not to kill the locals, in Afghanistan it’s not to kill the locals, in embassy’s it’s not to kill funny looking people who turn up at the gate.

The British Army trains soldiers to kill and be aggressive, but also to control that aggression.
Before deployment it gives the rules and they may vary over time and in specific areas.
America’s pitbull

wind them up, point them in the right direction

Before we get too excited about cyber and drones and stuff, we would do well to look at exactly what skillsets we need grow a generation of Grey Zone warriors. I am far from convinced that the G3 Gods have got this sewn up.
I rather suspect many of the advocates of the new virtual warfare have not considered the need to be willing to kill. It’s only clean and sanitised button pushing from the disconnect of altitude

I rather suspect many of the advocates of the new virtual warfare have not considered the need to be willing to kill. It’s only clean and sanitised button pushing from the disconnect of altitude
Hopefully Dominic Cummings will be disabused of this notion at both Hereford and Poole.

G3 don't listen to G6 in my experience.
In my experience, when it comes to cyberspace operations, the issue isn't G3 not listening, it's G6 not understanding the nature of what the difference is between cyberspace and CIS networks..

And yet - where have I said anything untrue? If he's spent years studying these things he must be aware how easy it and cheap it is to make a drone, how these things can be used in swarms etc, how they can be autonomous and commanded remotely and fitted with payloads.
I would be ashamed if I spent years studying stuff and didn't know or take threats seriously.

Ever heard of the missile gap?

Well, most of them can’t get anywhere by themselves! And if they do manage to get themselves somewhere they shouldn’t be,
Getting anywhere is a win. Plenty of DoE participants and similar out there, plenty of them do quite adventurous gap years and travelling.
then it’s someone else’s fault anyway!
They probably post on here then :D

Hopefully Dominic Cummings will be disabused of this notion at both Hereford and Poole.
Hereford: Poole are shite

Poole:Hereford are bunch of poseurs who can't carry of a lbj...

Dom <thinks> I can replace this lot with a good db and some dark Facebook ads...

I've always liked the US marine idea, that everyone is a rifleman and its teeth to tail ratio, is thus immaterial. Its quite pertinant, in a time of defence cuts and as our services have shrunk, its arguable that a more warrior ethos should pervade all three services, but our MOD the other day were talking about removing the laddish attitude from the services to make them more attractive to diversity.

Outcomes matter more than words and the MOD quite clearly do not care about having services which are lean, hungry and nasty in battle.
Have you ever met a Leather neck?

Latest Threads