Army ‘to be cut by 20,000’ if No 10 plan is approved

Truxx

LE
Anyone who didn't see this sort of thing coming must have been supping toilet duck.

The real end state will of course be somewhat bigger, but some sf/tier 1 and a square brigade is where we have been heading for ages.

The Conservatives cut public spending, they want less people on the public sector payroll. This isn’t surprising.
The Army is paid for what it might have to do, not so much what they do. The armed forces are always easy targets for Whitehall.
Cummings and his cronies probably can’t justify having 80 odd thousand squaddies being paid by the taxpayer.

Anyone who didn't see this sort of thing coming must have been supping toilet duck.

The real end state will of course be somewhat bigger, but some sf/tier 1 and a square brigade is where we have been heading for ages.
Even more so after the Covid-19 economic hit.

I'm sorry? Are you trying to tell us that the Spanish Foreign Legion is not sexy?

View attachment 487326
It hasn't been the Spanish "Foreign" Legion since 1937 at the end of the RIF wars.
Just the Spanish Legion now and they do recruit a small amount of foreigners from Latin American countries.

You can stop fantasising over the sexy (no top button) uniforms now.

I quite like the no top button in some cases
1593968030535.png

The Conservatives cut public spending, they want less people on the public sector payroll. This isn’t surprising.
The Army is paid for what it might have to do, not so much what they do. The armed forces are always easy targets for Whitehall.
Cummings and his cronies probably can’t justify having 80 odd thousand squaddies being paid by the taxpayer.
Funny thing is, if they asked the tax payer, those actually paying tax, not the general public, where they'd like savings, I bet the Armed Forces would be safe.

Hmm.. one can't help wondering if this, along with the disastrous drop in Police numbers over the last decade or so, is going to do the job BLM, Antifa, XR & sundry anarchist/lefty groups have been hoping for all along. Basically open our country up for a revolution akin to 1917 in Russia, where we have no state forces capable of stopping it!!
So you think that the Conservatives are conspiring with various anarchist groups to launch a Bolshevik revolution in the UK?

Dread

LE
74,000 is the post-phase-2 size right now, 82,000 is the current target figure. So already these numbers are suspect.

The discrepancy between the target size and the actual size shows that the Army is already too small to be self-sustaining.

I strongly suspect this article is a "shot across the bow" so when the real announcement is made, everyone will breathe a sigh of relief...
There are currently 60,000 soldiers fit to deploy (including all those who have just passed Phase 1 training).

In the eyes of the Treasury, that's 60,000 pensions too many. Considering how slavish the Civil Service is to the cünts (no other word adequately describes them) at McKinsey, Accenture, KPMG and the like, they probably believe that we should outsource everything to another country as and if we need soldiers: "Hello, is that Chad? Could you please send over 200,000 chaps (and chapesses of course) as we appear to have a spot of bother with the Chinese and Russians. We need them by Tuesday next week and we'll pay 5 dollars per day for each soldier."

Hmm.. one can't help wondering if this, along with the disastrous drop in Police numbers over the last decade or so, is going to do the job BLM, Antifa, XR & sundry anarchist/lefty groups have been hoping for all along. Basically open our country up for a revolution akin to 1917 in Russia, where we have no state forces capable of stopping it!!
So you think that the Conservatives are conspiring with various anarchist groups to launch a Bolshevik revolution in the UK?

It hasn't been the Spanish "Foreign" Legion since 1937 at the end of the RIF wars.
Just the Spanish Legion now and they do recruit a small amount of foreigners from Latin American countries.

View attachment 487333
Nice enough lass, but somehow I doubt that she'll be overburdened with unwarranted advances from her comrades.

Euclid

War Hero

View attachment 487333
Looks like a pre-op ladyboy.

As mentioned, the deployable strength is already at that figure or even lower. Aren't the Pumas mostly shagged out and at end-of-hours anyway? The Hercs used up most of their remaining hours flying between here and Afghanistan, but what is supposed to replace them -- the Airbusses? There will be more needed, unless we decide to never leave the UK, which is an option. There is no longer much of an ability to operate independently of the US in anything large-scale, to which the correct response is that we will only ever deploy with NATO so why not make the US do the heavy work? It will be interesting to see how long that is accepted by the US.
Puma finished a LEP in 2016, they like it apparently. A-400 would need UK qualification for para use and it's a bit not quiet.

View attachment 487333
Not quite since 1937, a Brit that I knew in 2 REP in the early eighties had been in the Spanish Foreign Legion before the French and said they still had a few real foreigners then. But he also said that the pay, conditions and morale were then very poor and he left as soon as he could (after three years I think).

Old-Salt
Buy a load of replica model battleships to shadow the Russian warships in the channel, the key is to keep a steady distance so that the Russians don't suss on and they'll wonder about our stealthy warships showing up as a tiny dot on their radars.
I am not sure that you should release such sensitive material in a public forum.

The reduced fleet (both size and manning) has already been in near-sea trials. The manning position per ship has met the target, but the seagoing nature of the vessels has some further engineering issues to resolve. The armament and victualling costs are deemed acceptable.

I have a secret video of the trials and as long as this goes no further than just the two of us you can see it here: