Army ‘to be cut by 20,000’ if No 10 plan is approved

A reminder from US CJCS, General Mark Milley, via everyone's favourite social media site.

how far has your head been buried in the sand?
How far has yours? You’ve never been a part of it - you simply snipe from the sidelines believing you are some sort of ghastly ex- MN Cassandra.

So to repeat, any proof?

I’m not holding my breath by the way.

Good - for the third time, which part of Whitehall have you worked in?
And for the first and last time, I have no reason or inclination to tell you.

Perhaps you would like to post your Pin, account number and mother's maiden name?

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You know I have always doubted you are who you claim to be, now I am convinced.

Oh I nearly forgot, you didn't build a Nightingale Hospital either (nice bit of self self-aggrandisement on another thread)
I assure you, I have worked in both MOD and on the Nightingale project.

I've never claimed to have built a Nightingale, and I didn't realise mentioning being part of a task that was 95% completed by NHS and contractors was was self-aggrandisement, but ok.

Last edited:
How far has yours? You’ve never been a part of it - you simply snipe from the sidelines believing you are some sort of ghastly ex- MN Cassandra.

So to repeat, any proof?

I’m not holding my breath by the way.
your self delusion is boundless, only matched by your blind fawning adulation for MOD.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
your self delusion is boundless, only matched by your blind fawning adulation for MOD.
When the law is against you, call attention to the facts.
When the facts are against you, argue points of law.
When neither law nor fact favour you, shout insults at your opponent...

ACAB

LE
I've resisted posting so far but the thread title says it all;

"Army ‘to be cut by 20,000’ if No 10 plan is approved"

I hope this helps....

One question, why are they pumping so much in to recruitment if they "plan" to cut the army.
Because they need to keep the recruiting system ticking over. Being a soldier is a young man’s game, stop recruiting, man pool gets smaller AND older.

estwist

Old-Salt
Because they need to keep the recruiting system ticking over. Being a soldier is a young man’s game, stop recruiting, man pool gets smaller AND older.
So redundancies would be directed at the older crowd? About to rejoin August 16th but still mid 20's. Stark headlines for any hopefuls though.

So redundancies would be directed at the older crowd? About to rejoin August 16th but still mid 20's. Stark headlines for any hopefuls though.
If there were to be redundancies, they would be proportional, you can’t just get rid of the seniors... you still need the rank triangle. (1 x WO, 2 x WO2, 4 x C/SSgt, 8 x Sgt etc...)

If you don’t maintain this balance you’d have to replace all of the seniors, but where from? Just promote the Lance Jacks and Cpls to WO2s and WOs?

If you’ve been accepted to rejoin, relax, you’ve been accepted. They won’t just bin you off before you’ve even got your uniform off of the Q’s.

The Army has a system, like the proverbial sausage factory. Recruits in one end and a process all the way up to CGS. If you stop the input there will be a bubble that feeds all the way through and sometime in the future there will be a gap in trained personnel.

Latest Threads