Army ‘to be cut by 20,000’ if No 10 plan is approved

Indeed. I would imagine that the Indian Mountain Divisions on the Mountain borders with China and Pakistan have far more mules than helicopters supporting them. With the weather closing in on the Mountains, helicopters will often be grounded will the mule companies will often get through.

The German Gebirgsjager brigade still makes use of its mules.
War role for King's Troop. It was practised in the Sierra Nevada a couple of years ago.

D

Deleted 72187

Crikey. Nick Carter manfully having to get lectured by Mark Francois on Cummings coming down to the MoD to 'sort em out'

Toe curling stuff.

Francois makes some of the labour mediocrities look stellar by comparison

not_observed

Old-Salt
Crikey. Nick Carter manfully having to get lectured by Mark Francois on Cummings coming down to the MoD to 'sort em out'

Toe curling stuff.

Interesting bit in this is when they’re talking about how shite procurement is. Carter seems to put some blame on the Governments inconsistency to provide stable funding for more than a few years at a time whilst Francois mentions the Army keep changing their specifications for equipment whilst Carter mentions the government don’t define what it wants the Army’s capabilities to be and around and around and around and around.......
My interpretation of it anyway

Interesting bit in this is when they’re talking about how shite procurement is. Carter seems to put some blame on the Governments inconsistency to provide stable funding for more than a few years at a time whilst Francois mentions the Army keep changing their specifications for equipment whilst Carter mentions the government don’t define what it wants the Army’s capabilities to be and around and around and around and around.......
My interpretation of it anyway
Very much my point earlier -
from the SDSR paper - theres no clear enemy we cant decide what the army should do so it should do a bit of everything .

Which has become hide bound donkeys have no focus and just clinging onto cap badges etc

Toe curling stuff.

He may smile now, but he wont be once the mad axman has finished

Hohenidoom

Clanker
Perhaps we should make Cummings and our dear leader His Carterness fight it out for the future direction of The Army. Preferably naked.

I do like Bridgen Francois. He asks important questions, the answers to which are essential. Carter well knows how to fend them off to support his responsibilities, but the questions hang like a bad whiff in a lift.

This whole Committee meeting is recommended for those with the endurance for such things.

Edited for dimness.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think PhotEx is someone's very sophisticated sock, and I doff my hat to them.

Not really, if you look at the clip Francois is grinning as much as Carter, seems to be some private shared joke.

I do like Bridgen. He asks important questions, the answers to which are essential. Carter well knows how to fend them off to support his responsibilities, but the questions hang like a bad whiff in a lift.

This whole Committee meeting is recommended for those with the endurance for such things.
Yes, he's always so well informed!

'A Tory MP has made the bewildering and incorrect claim that all English people are entitled to an Irish passport.

'MP for West Leicestershire Andrew Bridgen made the bizarre comments on BBC Radio Ulster during a conversation about the impact of Brexit and the Irish border question. When asked whether he understood the fact Northern Irish citizens will also remain EU citizens after Brexit due to the Good Friday Agreement, he said: “Well, that's the common travel area as well, isn't it? We do have the right to go over to Ireland, don't we?”

Our adverseries might be
watching the astonishing waste endemic in MOD, and the incessant delays, indeed our adversaries are laughing.

A Hundred Million here, a Hundred Million there, very quickly we are talking very big money - Billions - that could buy lots of shiny new sharp spears.

Latest Threads