Armourer's Corner

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by HE117, Aug 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not a Tiffie thread, but somewhere to discuss gun damage & general muppetry!

I have just come across this thread on the Milsurp site...

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=27425

Some very interesting stuff about Lee Enfields, and the wisdom of swapping bolts etc. Mostly Stateside and the work of Bubba, but has anyone any stories from this side of the pond..

2. Nothing particularly special, but I did make the mistake of cleaning my nice Beretta O/U and leaving the pieces on the dining room table whilst I went to get something, on returning I noticed my labrador puppy sitting quietly by the kitchen door chewing something. Went to reassemble the gun and couldn't find the fore-end......

Puppy was lucky not to get hoofed into the middle of next week.

3. I'm sure there's a No4 at Warminster sawn in half with about half a dozen rounds in the barrel. Makes you wonder about the muppet firing it, let alone the workmanship of the trusty Lee.

4. Is that not an Enfield revolver?

Tough as a No 4 is , I don't think it would survive even two rounds impacting in the barrel..

5. Pretty sure it's a No.4, might be a SMLE. Can't find anything on the web and the pictures I took are long gone on an old computer. I'll have to dig them out.