Armourer in the REME?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DeathEnhanced, Aug 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

First thread iv made here, so please correct me if its in the wrong section etc.

Im 16; and for a long time iv been set on being either an engineer or an armourer in the army.

A little info:

- My GCSE results were all B's and C's including maths/english and double science.

- Iv been in the ATC for 4 years and have a rough understanding and feel for a military environment.

- And after thinking about it over many months; iv decided to sign up once i finish college, (im taking a level 3 btec in engineering, a two year course)

Questions:

I would like to know a bit more about the roles an armourer in the REME performs.

- Do i just sit looking miserable behind a steel cage all day?

- Will i be cleaning and maintaining a wide variety of small arms, handguns/rifles etc?

- How is the pay compared to a regular infantry man?

- And lastly....is it an enjoyable job??

Thank you very much for reading,

- DE

2. The grammar and spelling nazis will be along shortly to tear you a new one, but good luck in whatever career you choose!

3. ^ LOL

Hell, at least ill learn about the community quickly then eh?

And thanks bro!

4. Might be an idea to pop your head in on the REME section further down, I suspect more chance of getting the answers you want down there - most likely will already be such a question already asked there too which will answer your questions.