Armourer colour perception

Discussion in 'REME' started by 19jonesy86, May 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know what colour perception level is needed for weapons system engineer?

Sent from my GT-N7100

2. Lowest level. You must, however, be able to work in a stygian like darkness, rarely exposing yourself to the sun. Oh, and be able to play Warhammer...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haha cheers! I've been trying all bloody day to find my answer, even resorted to phoning lichfield selection center but had to leave a message and still no-ones got back to me! Thanks again bud

Sent from my GT-N7100

4. From PAP 10, table 1 page 2:

4. Unless stated otherwise, the only eye specific requirement is that all entrants to the Army must be at least E3 in the right eye. As long as this criterion is met, side specific standards requiring a higher VA than E3 may be reversed.

5. My vision other than colour is fine! I've been classed as CP3 and wondered if that's OK for weapons system engineer?

Sent from my GT-N7100

6. Word of warning. I didn't join up as my colour perception is soo bad I could either have been an RN MEM(STOKER) or ships writer. Didn't join as I had my heart set on seaman branch.
    What did I end up Doing? Working with steam boilers then writing specifications for the water treatment of said boilers.
    Those bastards in recruitment knew me better than I did myself.
    Respect Irony!

7. So your saying that I should be OK doing it if I chose to?

Sent from my GT-N7100

8. No. He's saying that it's one thing to specify the chemical composition of boiler water, and another thing entirely to be able to see the end-point when titrating to successfully evaluate what that chemical composition actually is.

9. Right I got it now.

Sent from my GT-N7100

10. I'm CP4. Hasn't held me back in the slightest.........oh wait, I just remembers what job I do.

11. Storeman?

12. And what jobs that then?

Sent from my GT-N7100

13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

...but surely all you'll need to be able to distinguish is black and coyote brown?

;-)

• Like Like x 1