Armoured Vehicles

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Private_Joker, Nov 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there is a lot of information in the press at the moment (and I am not a Journo - before anyone bites) about new Vehicles going out to Afghanistan in particular, with some being light, medium and heavy. I've just watched an interview on youtube about Warrior in Afghanistan - are any of these vehicles replacing Warrior there and if not how is Warrior doing - is it protected enough??

What would you rather be in Warrior or Mastiff?

2. Journo.....

6 posts in 3.5years.............hmmm

3. I am not a journo i am just trying to work out how well or otherwise Warrior compares to the new UOR's, and have any of the UOR's been introduced to replace Warrior? As i understand it it is an old vehicle.

Besides which if i was a journo don't you think i would be on the forum more often - i just read more then I write on here.

4. Warrior - Tracked, heavy, Infantry Fighting Vehicle with a 30mm gun in an armoured turret, designed to fight directly with comparable, conventional forces

New acquisitions - Wheeled, primarily logistics vehicles, designed to withstand mine and IED attacks.

Very different things.

5. If he were a journo he'd know there were older armd vehs operating in op theatres than Warrior, wouldn't he?

As a squaddie would be more concerned over the fact CVRT's are used on ops and those beasties date back to the 60's as apposed to the 80s like the Warrior.

From an earlier thread: New acquisitions - Wheeled, primarily logistics vehicles, designed to withstand mine and IED attacks.

Like Jackel? I'd rather take my chances in a warrior thanks, esp after recent news.

6. I was thinking more along the lines of Wolfhound, Husky and Coyote, but it also covers Mastiff.