Armoured vehicle tools

I've been chatting to a chum about the tools we had on tanks and bet my virginity on the result of this question On the Chieftain it was still imperial measurements and we had two 7/16x/1/2 spanners which used to go missing at quite alarming regularity When Challenger was introduced the smallest tool was 10x11mm I think. This chap doesn't think that a this could be the case as the difference between 10 and 11 mm is so small can you confirm to preserve my innocence?

I've been chatting to a chum about the tools we had on tanks and bet my virginity on the result of this question On the Chieftain it was still imperial measurements and we had two 7/16x/1/2 spanners which used to go missing at quite alarming regularity When Challenger was introduced the smallest tool was 10x11mm I think. This chap doesn't think that a this could be the case as the difference between 10 and 11 mm is so small can you confirm to preserve my innocence?
We had David Leaky as CO....he was a smaller tool.......trust me!!!!

Quite Ironic that he is now Black Rod!

Thought the only Tools you Clanky types used was a Tele Sledge ?

Correct, and if they cant fix it, it's an electrical fault.

After exhaustive research it appears the the Tool used most by the RAC was an ARV.

Yep, pushed a few of them about.

And for the more intricate jobs,sledge hammer and best mate,large adjustable.Jerry will agree.

Ah, thats why i have so many of them in my tool box in the shed. I wondered where i got them all. As far as remember it was a combi tool and 12 adjustable for drivers.
As i remember it we hardly ever asked drivers to undo the twyflex bolts or other such jobs as we found doing jobs like that ourselves faster unless of course we were on a exercise and it was the weekend when were were going to be stuck in one place until midnight on Sun because of boxhead laws and there was the chance of a shed load of beer. In which case it was slowly slowly and drinky drinky.

Latest Threads