Armoured vehicle clips (AKA The Arsse Hear the Tiger roar day out at Bovvy)

ugly

LE
I've been going through an old hard drive and thought I'd share these with you
More to follow with thanks to @Grownup_Rafbrat for the opportunity

Is that Bovvy?

I’ve been meaning to go for years, but finding somewhere to stay is difficult.

ugly

LE
It was a long drive from Eastbourne and an early start but well worth it in my opinion, the chance to wander around the exhibits before it opened was unbelievable.

I’ve considered driving, but it’s at least 4hrs each way. I’m looking at a Premier Inn in Poole.

ugly

LE
I’ve considered driving, but it’s at least 4hrs each way. I’m looking at a Premier Inn in Poole.
Its worth it, I think the MoD should ensure every soldier/recruit visits the place.

Any of you folks really want to go, if you got a tent or a caravan /campervan. There is good campsite at Wool, with the RBL within walking distance. There is also a couple of pubs fairly close that also do food.

diehard57

War Hero
Dorchester has a few good B&B’s and is only about a 20-30 minute drive to Bovvy.

NSP

LE
As best as I can recall this place has an "accessible" room but you'll have to check as "it's as best I recall."
The Royal Oak

It's about ten minutes drive from the TM.

Contacting the TM direct may be beneficial as I've an idea that they have a list of local facilities suitable for those that don't fire on all limbs from what I picked up on my experience day thingy.

I just came...
The Matilda in the film is no longer in desert colours. Over the last couple of years, she had a complete strip down and rebuild. Down to the last nut and bolt. Some spares even came from Oz, anyway she's now painted for Europe in green.

Latest Threads