Clean the barracks, again,
Clean the garage areas
Clean the grass area outside, again
Clean training areas following exercises, regardless of who used the area

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hope it isn't those thoughtless barstewards who think lifting lockdown means going where they please, where there's no cludgies, and sh¡t wherever they please. Whereas cavalrymen always sh¡t in the woods. Wherever they choose.

Hope it isn't those thoughtless barstewards who think lifting lockdown means going where they please, where there's no cludgies, and sh¡t wherever they please. Whereas cavalrymen always sh¡t in the woods. Wherever they choose.

even when they are not on exercise

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Even if there isn't a wood available!!!

Do area cleans,
Clean the garage areas
You forget to mention endless guards

needlewaver

War Hero
You forget to mention endless guards
And weapon cleaning; when no one apart from the duty keys and duty officer has seen the weapons since last week.

TamH70

MIA
Do area cleans,
Clean the garage areas
Sod off, that's the Reserve Signals Regiments' jobs. Quit cutting our grass, ya stubblehopper that ye are! :D

If there is any such a thing as easy soldiering in the infantry, it is mechanised infantry.

The difference between the two main infantry roles, at least when I was in many years ago back in the seventies, is that between the mechanised role and the air portable role, in one you get driven to where the enemy is and in the other, you have to walk there.

I’ve done both roles and you’d be amazed at the difference in the amount of beer you can chuck in the back of an FV432 or what you can carry on your back.

Has that changed at all over the years?! :)

If there is any such a thing as easy soldiering in the infantry, it is mechanised infantry.

The difference between the two main infantry roles, at least when I was in many years ago back in the seventies, is that between the mechanised role and the air portable role, in one you get driven to where the enemy is and in the other, you have to walk there.

I’ve done both roles and you’d be amazed at the difference in the amount of beer you can chuck in the back of an FV432 or what you can carry on your back.

Has that changed at all over the years?! :)
There used to be 3 main infantry roles:

Armoured Inf - Utilises 432.

Mech Inf - Utilises Bulldog, Mastiff

Light Role - utilises helibedford and shanks’ pony.

Has this changed?

ydb

Swinger
Cheers guys, so generally soldiers will be taken to where they're fighting in a warrior or whatever? Does this affect tactics or is it used more in certain situations?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Cheers guys, so generally soldiers will be taken to where they're fighting in a warrior or whatever? Does this affect tactics or is it used more in certain situations?
You didnt bother to look at the Army website I linked for you, did you?

There used to be 3 main infantry roles:

Armoured Inf - Utilises 432.

Mech Inf - Utilises Bulldog, Mastiff

Light Role - utilises helibedford and shanks’ pony.

Has this changed?
Bulldog and Mastiff etc were after my time unless you could call that something that helibedford did but the official roles were mechanised and air portable.

Latest Threads