Armoured Farmer - It is, at last, ready!!!

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Arthur3bums, Jul 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To all of you Armoured Farmer fans - assuming we had any.
    You read the thread, and, now, you can buy the book!!! T Shirts may even come later?!?!?!

Anyway, the publisher has informed me the book is now ready for sale!! The cost is £9.95 with a post and pack of £1.75 total = £11.70.
    You can purchase direct from the publisher at http://www.woodfieldpublishing.com/ . If you wish, you can buy through me, I'll match the price but, be aware, in order to gain royalties from the publisher I need to first sell 100 copies through them not including any I buy to sell on!! Either way email at malcycee@yahoo.co.ukand I'll see what I can do for you guys and gals.

I would like to publicly thank you all for your support in this and those that buy it...........I hope you enjoy it!! :wink:

MOD - Pretty please make this a sticky?!?!?!

2. A3B - have ordered the book direct along with a Tankies Tale (WW2). If your book does well, I may consider having mine published when I finish it - I'm currently on chapter 6 but it has taken me 12 years to get this far!!

3. DaveH
    Thanks very much mate for having the faith to order. I think you'll find it (my publisher says) a great contrast to A Tankies travels. Either way I hope you enjoy it, and, if you do, make sure you put some feedback up mate! :wink: If I can be of any help with your book ideas please give me a shout I'll do what I can. Illustrations too!!! I'll work some financial deal on them so you don't get stung!
    Cheers again.

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Check your emails A3B. I shall also send out notification to the golf course walkers. And who the feck are the 3rd Battalion of the 3rd Royal Tank Regiment :?

5. Elovachuffingoodfellabloke
    I noticed that, I shall, post haste, be advising the publisher - think he might have got confused over Jock Watt's book or something!?!?!

6. That'll be Crumble Coy then. ;)

7. Oi Arfur! Before I order one, doe's it have a pic of my genitalia anywhere in the book? Doe's it show my gashed head from Audrie's humungous dildo and is there any reference of me and Ribbo abusing VTT? MY WIFE WANTS TO KNOW? :x :roll: God, I just hope C_I_B doesn't read this! :lol:

8. Bleddy check yer PM's ya loon!! Oh and look in 'Aircover' - 'Under the camnet'.

9. Dear God I hope so, to see it serialised in the SUN with pictures of me looking confused would do wonders for your B&B :D

10. All
    Just to let you all know, the publisher has a bit of a backlog, hopefully due to demand being high?! Apparently the Postie strikes have been causing probs!!! From the publisher......Those that have ordered, apologies, the backlog will be cleared asap!!!
    Soldier mag will be doing a review on it, I've spoken to the Managing Editor today!! Waterstones also seem interested. Anybody got any good (nice) ideas/leads on worthwhile places that could do a review?!?! And play nicely.....don't be rude!! Ta!

11. I just ordered one today. Hope it isn't too delayed, but at least i know why if it is now. At least mine is ahead of the huge queue that'll form when the Soldier magazine featuring it is published!

12. Glad you posted this as I was getting a tad worried about not receiving anything yet. I will put a post about your book on another forum that I contribute to - the 1RTR old gits website and I am sure more orders will be forthcoming.

13. Dave
    Many thanks for that, I'm grateful. I'll try and keep everyone posted on the publishing........I have no prior experience of how these things work or the time involved!!!!

14. All
    An update on book orders. I've spoken to the publisher this morning, They've overcome their 'technical difficulties' and despatches will be going out this week so thankyou again for your payience they should be with you asap!!! If anyone still hasn't ordered due to the publisher's website having problems they have now also got WEB SITE to use so if you have problems with the .com - try the other one!!! Thanks.

15. Having a moment of Genius a few weeks back, i bought myself this book for Christmas but forgot to wrap it :wink:

I've only got up to the FTX part and have been pissing myself regularly, not knowing if its old age or the effects of the Authors book. :?

Every chapter has something in it where i'm sure you'll all recognise the situation immediately and each story, tale or out and out act of lunacy would have been played out in each and every RAC regiment bar none, well nearly all.

I aren't going to bang on for age's, get your hand in your pocket and buy the thing, it's worth every penny and as i ain't being paid for all this one finger typing, i'll stop now.

Ask nicely and he'll put his monicur on it, thus making it all the more valuable when you get yourselves on 'Cash in the Attic' in years to come :wink: