Armoured Engineers....

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Yarco, Feb 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Im currently applying for the army I orginally applied to join as a driver but my advisor told me there would be a wait until January 2009, can any one tell me if there is a wait for Armoured Enginners?

Thanks

2. no, its undermanned

3. A wait in the pie queue! :p

4. About 60 tons
    Boom boom. Gone.

5. more like WAITing for the chunkies to catch up :twisted:

6. ok thanks guys! I'll ring up the office tomorrow and see what they say

Thanks Again!

7. Well according to the sgt at my local careers office there is a wait the same as Combat Engineer Drivers.... as long as Jan 09 :?

hmmmmm

Thanks again anyway!

8. Jan 2009 isnt that far a wait really, by the time you go throught the processes, and spend your last few months of civvi life enjoying..

9. well its a wait when you consider ive got my ADSC next week!

Thanks

10. I think what he is telling you is that at the moment you are not of the right weight catagory for armoured or driver and that you will need to gain some extra mass. (By January 2009 you should be there!!)

Try extensive gorging on pies. (Ginsters appear to be a favourite of the driver)

11. They'll say this....

"Do you like the smell of diesel so much you'll happily bathe in it? Do you have weeping dermatitis as far as the elbow on both arms? Do you have a penchance for drinking baileys in your coffee, and being the recipient of multiple semen coatings to the back of your neck from a bored and turgid vehicle commander? Do you like wearing 1940's army surplus like great coats? Are you weird? Have you ever touched a child innapropriately? Do you think of pastry based food as soon as you wake up? Do you think the letters P and T should never appear remotely near each other? Would you call your first child ginsters? do you wish to spend your entire army career thinking "if only i'd gone fieldy"? Do you enjoy being and object of ridicule? .... if so son.... you were born to be armoured.... you go for it!"

12. Q. Do you like the smell of diesel so much you'll happily bathe in it?

A. All Military vehicles are diesel....(nokkers don't know this)

Q. Do you have weeping dermatitis as far as the elbow on both arms?

A. I'm an armoured guru - i dont have dermo probs! Health and Safety isn't a dirty word! (nokkers dont know this)

Q. Do you have a penchance for drinking baileys in your coffee, and being the recipient of multiple semen coatings to the back of your neck from a bored and turgid vehicle commander?

A. Armd Engrs can drink... who cares who spuzzes down your neck while your driving the biggest armd vehicle in the world! (nokkers dont know this)

Q. Do you like wearing 1940's army surplus like great coats?

A. It matters not as we all wear the same uniform. (nokkers dont know this)

Q. Are you weird?

A. Yes - I love heavy armour and i hate prodding minefields by hand.

Q. Have you ever touched a child innapropriately?

A. Who cares! But i do dream of being dual employable!

Q. Do you think of pastry based food as soon as you wake up?

A. Pasty foods are the staple diet of the Army Packed lunch.

Q. Do you think the letters P and T should never appear remotely near each other?

A. Eh? Over my head!

Q. Would you call your first child ginsters?

A. Erm No! - i wouldn't call him HOOP either!

Q. Do you wish to spend your entire army career thinking "if only i'd gone fieldy"?

A. No BECAUSE EVERY ARMOURED GOD IS A FIELDY - THATS TAUGHT AT BASIC TRAINING

Q. Do you enjoy being and object of ridicule? .... if so son.... you were born to be armoured.... you go for it!"

A. Jealousy is but an emotion . . . .

13. Touche Mr Armd Farmer........Seems most live in the past and don't actually like to admit the future IS armoured-Probably won't be long before we disband Paras like the Canadians did for being obsloete!!! ;-)

14. ludicrous!! gettin rid of para's will never happen because armoured cant patrol in an avre!! titan and trojan conveys would put the shite up the ab-dabs though.....

Anyway mate never join as a driver, join as a trade needing driving, whether it be design or pom. top of the run for civi street and you can go to germany (dont go tidders) and become a real man!!

i was armoured for 9 months as a (here goes.....) a SATT and i loved it, gained 4 stone, forgot how to run and when i went to chatham my surname no longer mattered as i had a new one inherited from the boys during euchre and de-filing...

if you dont know what euchre is yet you will by the time you know what defiling is!!

HURRAH THE CORPS!!!!

i love it when armoured roles up cause its quicker and less sweat them the mgb!

15. Well, you say it won't happen, but making airborne units IS getting rid of Paras....did you know that once through trg alot of Paras are still penguins 14-24 months later, the jumps cse is getting less and less!
    We will never jump into battle again, hence my point about Paras. I know they will never be disbanded because there is no denying their status as infantry!!