Armishaws Removals Group

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Oct 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Just a forlorn hope, given they claim to do 'all the military moves'.

Does anyone on here know the name of the Chairman / Managing Director /Top Dog at this company?

Their website seems designed to hide the identity of any senior managers to whom one might address a letter.

No further details yet, as they still have a chance to redeem themselves.

Thank you.

2. Have you tried Companies House?
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Not yet, thought an arrser might be quicker as I'm on a telephone call for the next FOUR HOURS!!!
  4. Grownup_Rafbrat

That's handy, thanks. I would like to give them a chance to sort it out before I do that, though. (Not hopeful after I rang and the promised return phone call turned out to be an F R O letter a week later, but you have to try.)
  5. It's a strange company. Their website's Legals page says Armishaws Limited in a number of places, Companies House has no Armishaws Limited.

Their "contact us" page has it listed as Armishaws Removals. Companies House does have an Armishaws Removals Limited but it's listed as a Dormant company at the last accounts submission.

Their website is owned by Armishaws Removals

Note, no Armishaws Removals Ltd. on either the company "contact us" or the website ownership.

There is no Companies House listing for The Armishaws Group, a search redirects to a highlight on Armishaws Removals Ltd.

There's quite a bit of their website that doesn't comply with the new Companies Act provisions for disclosure. Linky

So, in summary, can't help you :D
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, Craign. I'd tried wandering round Companies House whilst listening to colleagues talking, and formed a similar view.

All very mysterious indeed.

Think I'll ring them and ask!
  7. If they have damaged your property on a Posting move you are screwed. Pickfords left the back doors open on my removal from NI to Scotland both them and the MOD point to the small print in the Services removal package even although they were grossly negligent the small print excludes them from ALL and I mean ALL claims.
  8. My missus dealt with them I'll see if she still has the directors number when she gets in from work.
    Hope that helps.

Edited by me
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

That would be great, thanks, Mr. Stella.

My move was not a military one, but they charge enough, and are supposed to sort out problems quickly.

Reproduced from

"ID Company Claim Title Incident Date Mature Content Added Posts Add comment Details
    1861 Armishaws [Wincanton]
    Total claims:1 Underhand business tactics » April 2009 no 17/04/2009 1

Be very careful when dealing with this company. They have hidden clauses in their storage contracts which means you have to pay to inspect stored goods and then pay a hefty fee if you want to remove your goods. If you decide to remove your goods using a competitor removal firm they put every obstacle in your way to prevent you doing so. In addition they are 100% more expensive than comparable services. To top it off, they are extremely rude
  11. Grownup_Rafbrat

Wish I'd looked at that before the move!

Mostly it went well, but their attitude to handling the relatively minor issues I've raised has been poor.

Sadly that's two out of two cr@p removal firms I've had this year.

The good news is they are nowhere near as bad as Lowes of Chester, who managed to lose my entire wine collection, break antique furniture, damage a clock by not packing it properly, and then call me a liar when I started claiming. Their insurers were even better - recorded delivery mail was returned to me 'declined'!!!

And the BAR (aka the Chocolate Teapot Club) is no good at all for resolving problems. One man is responsible for all problems, and he seems to work part time and assume that six weeks is acceptable lead time for responding to email!
  12. Names and address of all company directors in England and Wales can be obtained from companies house, will cost about £15.00 IIRC, all in the public domain, unless you know someone who has Riskdisc or other credit checking software, address will be these as well.
  13. Unfair contract conditions; I doubt that they could rely on this clause as a defence if sued in a civil court.
  14. Check PM