Armed with hindsight.....

Now armed with the power of hindsight - Turning back the clock, would you at 18 yrs old in 2006:

A Join up again?

B If yes: join REME? (If so: same trade?)

C If not REME, who?

A - No

B - What Trade? Any one can fill in an 8800.

C - HSE - so much potential out there.......

A Join up again? Yes - keeps me away from the NHS!

B If yes: join REME? (If so: same trade?) No - not much choice as an MO! RAMC.

C If not REME, who? N/A

D - would try to get university sponsorship this time though ;)

Yep If I was the same kid leaving school; I would grab the ARMY, The REME and my trade as an Armourer with both hands. Although I recognise thise choice is not for all.

Dave

Only joking,

A - Of course

B - Could'nt wear a beret with anything else in it. Naturally B mech ( someone has to keep A mechs right).

C - A quetion I often used to ask myself, who else is out there?

Look at the time.........They are open!! Fall Out.

A - Possibly

B - Probably not

C - Cavalry . ScotsDG most likely.

Would like the chance to spend a few years driving round and breaking stuff, ocassionally shoot stuff, have a good nights kip while some mug fixes your broke stuff and then when all that gets boring spends a few years in a store until I could pick up a pension. The after NAAFI break knock off's and sh1tloads of 'admin' time would go down quite nicely too.

Would love to be able to use some of those detested one liners too.....'do you know what's wrong yet ?...' , 'how long are you going to take.....' etc,etc

Yes and yes for me!

Can't imagine doing anything else. Quite sad, I suppose.

yes would join up

yes would probably opt for reme or engineers

yes same trade but would deffinitly go tiffy( i await the incoming)

A: yes
B: yes
I've had my ups and downs, but overall I've had a great time, meet some great people and I like the fact that REME people, on the whole, do the job all the time and not just when the sh1t hits the fan.

A Join up again? Yes

B If yes: join REME? (If so: same trade?) Possibly - (I transferred from Engineers)

C If not REME, who? Engineers - I'd have me eyesight sorted first though.

CC_TA

Yep, I'd do it again and all of it the same way - even the naughty bits - no regrets what-so-ever. So there.

Definition of Insanity= Doing the same thing again and expecting a different result.

So in my case I would not join the Army again as a fresh faced 18 year old. i would give the RAF a go or the Navy, or maybe work for a living.

yes would still join but not REME, the fun police have killed the Corp.
more the shame, there all the big wigs in DEME A that have done it
second i'd take the offer of welbeck for sure, what a mug i was to turn it down.

No - Would not join Army again, maybe look at RAF or Navy, but what's the point joining up to spend half your life bouncing back and forth from Iraq/Afghanistan, no more Hong Kong, little chance of Cyprus or Germany, so stuck with the mummies boys who want to flee home every weekend - not likely!

If I did would it be REME? Got to be, top 10% and always will be.

If not REME I think Royal Engineers is the only other sane choice.

Lots of things have changed, can't say Army life is half as appealing as 20 years ago, too many new initiatives, computer systems that only double up your work and red tape to tie you up in to prevent you from doing your work, just give me a spanner and a some covies and leave me the feck alone!

Wonderful thing, hindsight.....

But, yes, I would do it all again. Although I might work harder next time round. I have noticed that "Hello, I am Litotes and I am a LCpl in the REME" is a smidgin restricting in the high quality blonde knicker dropping department.

Litotes

Litotes said:
I have noticed that "Hello, I am Litotes and I am a LCpl in the REME" is a smidgin restricting in the high quality blonde knicker dropping department.

Litotes
Really Litotes, you should be using some of the old favourites, like being a submarine washer or underwater tank driver. I have actually got further with those in scoring with the women. The only time you would ever get anywhere with " Im a LCPL in the REME is down the Queens on your upgraders and even then it would only work if you were wearing a wedding ring.

I would probably join as a RLC driver. Get my licences (as many as possible) and then leave at the first possible moment and get a real job. Or do the same with REME as a VM (get all the quals I could and leave as soon as I could).

Latest Threads