Armed police swoop on cowboy party

#2
Nice t*ts on Val there ... would you ?
 
#3
What next?
Little lads arrested for playing cowboys and indians?
Impersonating police officers when playing cops and robbers?
Little lasses arrested for inciting racial hatred for singing baa baa black sheep to their dollies?

Worlds gone bloody mad when you can't have a fancy dress party without half the police force turning up along with the FSU :x
 
#4
Chimurenga said:
Nice t*ts on Val there ... would you ?
I'll take the Trannie to her right!! :p
 
#6
It's a difficult one to call, either you don't take it seriously, and said bloke is the new Michael Ryan and you get in the sh!te, or you do and you send whatever resources you need to deal with it, and look a tw4t?

It would be different if it was like the situation I found myself in when it became obvious want was going on.

Call comes in "Bloke in paramilitary costume wielding a gun in valleytown". ARV and dog handler sent.

Me and my lot are nearby and decide to poke our nose in. Update from control room is that there's also a bloke dressed as a pirate wielding a sword. "Ah ha" say the boys on the van as we cheerfully drive past the traffic bod hiding around the corner near the RV point and locate said pirate who had a plastic sword and knew the said paramilitary as they'd been at the same fancy dress party. Along with the snow White (not a pretty sight in a valley town), and classy police impersonator stood nearby.

Case solved, balloon goes down, no-one shot or scared to death, and The Gull and his mates suitably told off for being a bit reckless (and showing some common sense).

Though I dare say that this news "story" has been a bit sensationalised, sells more papers.

edited to add

fook me, not even trinny and suzanna could help those lot in the photo!
 
#7
You must have kept your common sense well hidden when first joining the Police service. :)
 
#8
Good drills The Gull. If only a few more had the same common sense. Joking aside, how the feck much did that cost? A damn sight more than the party, that's for sure. Another thing entirely - what is it with C&W? I've been around a bit and have noticed that it seems to have a magnetic attraction to inbred rurals. No, no, you're not a cowboy on the vast ranging plains where buffalo roam, you grow rape in mid-Wales and frequently rape your sister too!
 
#9
The_Seagull said:
It's a difficult one to call, either you don't take it seriously, and said bloke is the new Michael Ryan and you get in the sh!te, or you do and you send whatever resources you need to deal with it, and look a tw4t?

It would be different if it was like the situation I found myself in when it became obvious want was going on.

Call comes in "Bloke in paramilitary costume wielding a gun in valleytown". ARV and dog handler sent.

Me and my lot are nearby and decide to poke our nose in. Update from control room is that there's also a bloke dressed as a pirate wielding a sword. "Ah ha" say the boys on the van as we cheerfully drive past the traffic bod hiding around the corner near the RV point and locate said pirate who had a plastic sword and knew the said paramilitary as they'd been at the same fancy dress party. Along with the snow White (not a pretty sight in a valley town), and classy police impersonator stood nearby.

Case solved, balloon goes down, no-one shot or scared to death, and The Gull and his mates suitably told off for being a bit reckless (and showing some common sense).

Though I dare say that this news "story" has been a bit sensationalised, sells more papers.

edited to add

fook me, not even trinny and suzanna could help those lot in the photo!
My bold.

I bet they actually said: "Aharr aharr aharr aharr aharr aharr me laddie"!

Talk like a pirate day
 
#10
Its a case of damned if they do, damned if they don`t. The Police were right to respond to the report. The person at fault here is the bloke wandering down the street with a rifle on show. Toy or not, dressed as a cowboy or not, he was an adult and should have had it covered up, most of the british public can`t tell the difference between a Winchester and a water pistol.
 
#12
scrofula said:
Yep. Remember that poor Irish bugger with a table leg in a plastic bag. .
You mean the same poor irish bugger who told everyone it was a sawn off wrapped up and then, when challenged by the police pointed it at them?

Darwin at work there methinks mate. :D
 
#13
Okay, we're not ever going to know the truth on that one..... but nevertheless, considering that we now live in a more gun-controlled society, thanks to Dunblane, and rightly, the police have become more heavily armed and more trigger-happy than ever before. Surely some irony there.
 
#14
scrofula said:
Okay, we're not ever going to know the truth on that one..... but nevertheless, considering that we now live in a more gun-controlled society, thanks to Dunblane, and rightly, the police have become more heavily armed and more trigger-happy than ever before. Surely some irony there.
I'm with you with the more heavily armed, but trigger happy? I'm not too sure, not that I'm armed plod myself, could it be that criminals are more likely to use firearms than ever before?
 
#15
Well, I haven't seen statistics ( for what they're worth anyway) but I have a feeling that, how can we say? firearms- related compensation claims are on a big increase as against say 30 years ago. Nevertheless, you are damned right in saying criminals are more tooled than ever before, and let's get this right, people who are tooled up and will only become criminals if they get caught are a massively increased section of the population.
 
#16
Thankfully, I now live in a country where they do not seem to want to sell "toy" guns. If they are sold, they have big orange bits on them. This prevents this sort of mistake happening.
Unfortunately for the gun control lobby, REAL firearms are just as easy to buy legally as they ever were.
There is something wrong with those facts.
So if you see me toting a gat, it is likely to be real.
 
#17
Guns are funny things, I've done my bit, Bisley and all but haven't picked one up for ages....no real interest in it now. I've got a student here who has 3000 rounds sitting at home at any time. Normal? I'm not sure.
 
#18
The_Seagull said:
scrofula said:
Yep. Remember that poor Irish bugger with a table leg in a plastic bag. .
You mean the same poor irish bugger who told everyone it was a sawn off wrapped up and then, when challenged by the police pointed it at them?

Darwin at work there methinks mate. :D
The fact he was a deaf Jock may point in the direction of the cops or the cunt that phoned them talking shit on that one.
 
#19
adouglasmhor said:
The_Seagull said:
scrofula said:
Yep. Remember that poor Irish bugger with a table leg in a plastic bag. .
You mean the same poor irish bugger who told everyone it was a sawn off wrapped up and then, when challenged by the police pointed it at them?

Darwin at work there methinks mate. :D
The fact he was a deaf Jock may point in the direction of the cops or the * that phoned them talking s*** on that one.
Goes back to the inherent right to defend oneself. The Police Officers believed that they were in danger. They were justified to shoot.

This is why the Menendez thing is a load of old bollocks.

At least the military have their backsides sorted with regards to this.
 
#20
bossyboots said:
What next?
Little lads arrested for playing cowboys and indians?
Impersonating police officers when playing cops and robbers?
Little lasses arrested for inciting racial hatred for singing baa baa black sheep to their dollies?

Worlds gone bloody mad when you can't have a fancy dress party without half the police force turning up along with the FSU :x
Pretty sure the first has actually been done (or at least had a severe finger waving at from the fuzz), the second has not happened quite as you describe but when you consider the whole blackboard-chalk board, whiteboard-drywipe board and the recent drunken to grumpy sailor then the tracks of the PC engine slowly crunch on forwards.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top