Armed police officer critically ill in hospital

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Best wishes for his speedy recovery.

skintboymike said:
dangerousdave said:
Wondering why the copper didnt shoot if his life was in danger? :?

"A police officer is critically ill in hospital after suffering "life-threatening head injuries" while tackling burglary suspects"

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...reatening_Injuries_After_Burglary_In_Dagenham
The only question that crops immediately to my mind is - Why do you keep starting inflammatory threads aimed at the police?

what are you chuffing on about? i'm simply posting a link to what is being discussed on the news you clown.

I hope he will be OK. I used to do that sort of thing and my son is on an ARV in my old force. The cars don't have a Crystal ball fitted yet. That will be sometime next year.

Best wishes for his full and swift recovery.

It may be he injured his head in what appears to be a collision between the ARV and the Chrysler, as it appears the ARV's airbags have not deployed and the SFO may not have been strapped in.

Not sure on the Mets policies on seat belts during pursuit/hard stops and airbags (it might be the bang wasn't sufficient to deploy the bag anyway, but theres a fair crumple in the bonnet), so I might be way off the mark.

dangerousdave said:
Wondering why the copper didnt shoot if his life was in danger? :?
He probably hesitated in case armed force wasn't needed and then ended up in the Press, labeled as a Nazi Police State Stormtrooper with an itchy trigger finger. Seems like a popular theme at the moment :roll:

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope the officer fully recovers.

It does seem like an awfully complex situation in darkness., and with a very aggressive set of criminals. Although I would have completely welcomed the criminals being shot, it doesnt seem like it was the officer not doing his duty. I doubt if anyone could function adeqautely enough to use a friearm if rammed by another car.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
verb said:
Best wishes hope the police officer get well soon
Fuck off Chubb.
Why is it that every post she types reminds me of that sketch from League Of Gentlemen where a bird is audititioning for an orange juice advert?

' Have oo got some owan joo'?

one question i have is why do the news say "ill" rather than "injured"?
Might sound stupid but that really annoys me!!

to me, ill is sickness not injury

Injured is more like bodily injury either self inflicted of caused by someone else!

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
tank..
fair comment, but its often the after-effects of an injury that are the most damaging, such as infection, so its not inappropriate

mercurydancer said:
tank..
fair comment, but its often the after-effects of an injury that are the most damaging, such as infection, so its not inappropriate
I've reread your post over and over again, and it doesn't make sense.
He's been there less than 24 hours, and already he has a superbug :? :?

Edited to add, sorry, that sounds very glib, can you explain what you mean. No duff.

Police were called in the early hours of Saturday to reports of an aggravated burglary in Dagenham.

Avoid Hospitals like the Plague, its not the treatment that will kill you , its the BLOODY INFECTION because they got rid of all the cleaners that will do you in

Worryingly, the MPS do now seem to want to say how this unfortunate officer sustained his injuries.Well have to wait out.Meantime a speedy recovery is hoped for.

Latest Threads