Armed police officer critically ill in hospital

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Apr 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How bone dangerous dave, i guess he did not have the benefit of getting a few seconds to make up his mind on the matter.
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Best wishes for his speedy recovery.
  3. The only question that crops immediately to my mind is - Why do you keep starting inflammatory threads aimed at the police?
  4. yeah good point :oops:

5. what are you chuffing on about? i'm simply posting a link to what is being discussed on the news you clown.
  6. Hope the police officer makes a full and speedy recovery.
  7. I hope he will be OK. I used to do that sort of thing and my son is on an ARV in my old force. The cars don't have a Crystal ball fitted yet. That will be sometime next year.
  8. Best wishes for his full and swift recovery.

It may be he injured his head in what appears to be a collision between the ARV and the Chrysler, as it appears the ARV's airbags have not deployed and the SFO may not have been strapped in.

Not sure on the Mets policies on seat belts during pursuit/hard stops and airbags (it might be the bang wasn't sufficient to deploy the bag anyway, but theres a fair crumple in the bonnet), so I might be way off the mark.
  9. Hope the guy recovers fully fast
  10. Best wishes hope the police officer get well soon
  11. He probably hesitated in case armed force wasn't needed and then ended up in the Press, labeled as a Nazi Police State Stormtrooper with an itchy trigger finger. Seems like a popular theme at the moment :roll:
  12. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

I hope the officer fully recovers.

It does seem like an awfully complex situation in darkness., and with a very aggressive set of criminals. Although I would have completely welcomed the criminals being shot, it doesnt seem like it was the officer not doing his duty. I doubt if anyone could function adeqautely enough to use a friearm if rammed by another car.
  13. Fuck off Chubb.
  14. Why is it that every post she types reminds me of that sketch from League Of Gentlemen where a bird is audititioning for an orange juice advert?

' Have oo got some owan joo'?