Armed plod on The Mall

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Good. Don't want the Muslims spoiling the day.
I wanted the Muslims to turn up and do their stuff
The sight off them being lynched by Union Flag draped Grannies would have cheered me up no end
They think the EDL are a bunch of nutter try kicking off around that wedding today

That's just the one's in uniform you can see, never mind the numbers in civies with large bumbags or lumps under thier jackets?

brightons hippys got a dawn raid on monday "actually 11.30am" after a lazy breakfast was still a massive shock to their system:)

so no day trip for them

Oddly the Met didn't want MDP AFOs to play on this one for some reason, some political bollocks at ACPO rank I assume.
I stand corrected, then. But I can't see how they'll be able to provide security for the Olympics without drafting every firearms trained CivPol copper they can get their hands on.

Was'nt there a story a year or so ago about C019 telling Strathclyde Armed Response they had to put in extra training to get their skills up to the required level to work with the Met in 2012? The response from Glasgow polis was not revealed, but I'll bet they were about as amused as Neil Lennon's postie...

I stand corrected, then. But I can't see how they'll be able to provide security for the Olympics without drafting every firearms trained CivPol copper they can get their hands on.

Was'nt there a story a year or so ago about C019 telling Strathclyde Armed Response they had to put in extra training to get their skills up to the required level to work with the Met in 2012? The response from Glasgow polis was not revealed, but I'll bet they were about as amused as Neil Lennon's postie...
Agreed about the Olympics not sure if there were officers from other forces on Mutual Aid on this one. I'd guess that the requirement for armed officers could have been met by the Met but I wouldn't be surprised if there were public order reinforcements as with the recent protests.

Agreed about the Olympics not sure if there were officers from other forces on Mutual Aid on this one. I'd guess that the requirement for armed officers could have been met by the Met but I wouldn't be surprised if there were public order reinforcements as with the recent protests.
A mate of mine used to do public order duties with Lothian and Borders. He's since transferred to a Southern England force, and has been told he will be going to London next year.

Surely they ought to consider standing up a btn+ of (selected) soldiers, spend a bit of time training and integrating them with Plod, and then appoint them as special armed constables or whichever legal status would be required?

Latest Threads