Armed plod on The Mall

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Apr 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very high profile and a lot of them?

2. Good. Don't want the Muslims spoiling the day.

3. It's good, a very high profile reminder to the nutters; "Try it and we'll smash you".

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I wanted the Muslims to turn up and do their stuff
    The sight off them being lynched by Union Flag draped Grannies would have cheered me up no end
    They think the EDL are a bunch of nutter try kicking off around that wedding today

• Like Like x 1
  5. The problem is, is that the police would smash into the grannies to protect the Muslims.

6. Let's hope they've taken a bit of marksmanship coaching and learned about NDs (avoidance of). I should hate to see the happy couple felled by their protectors.

7. That's just the one's in uniform you can see, never mind the numbers in civies with large bumbags or lumps under thier jackets?

8. Let's just hope some of those civvies with lumps under their jackets aren't muttering quotes from the Koran and sweating slightly.

9. brightons hippys got a dawn raid on monday "actually 11.30am" after a lazy breakfast was still a massive shock to their system:)

so no day trip for them

10. Armed plod on The Mall

Scariest thing I've heard all day........

11. I was more surprised about the numbers......drafted in from The Home Counties?

12. Mutual Aid, and you ain't seen nothing yet; the Olympics next year will mean that there will be very few AFO's outside of London.

13. Or military elements on leave!

GBTD

14. Oddly the Met didn't want MDP AFOs to play on this one for some reason, some political bollocks at ACPO rank I assume.

15. I stand corrected, then. But I can't see how they'll be able to provide security for the Olympics without drafting every firearms trained CivPol copper they can get their hands on.

Was'nt there a story a year or so ago about C019 telling Strathclyde Armed Response they had to put in extra training to get their skills up to the required level to work with the Met in 2012? The response from Glasgow polis was not revealed, but I'll bet they were about as amused as Neil Lennon's postie...