Armed ForcesChain of Command

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Mighty_Blighty, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong Forum - I was not sure where it would be best placed, Mods - feel free to move it!

I have been tasked to give a short (20 minute) presentation on Thursday 18th Oct on the organisation and command structure of the Armed Forces from S of S down to my CO.

Now this is all well and good, as I know most of the key appointments, however I am strugling with some of the less well known personalities, and where to obtain a picture of them.

Does anyone know where I could find a definative organisational chart, down to Divisional Level of the Army? And where to get some decent mug shots? I've tried the MOD and Land sites.

Thanks in advance

MB

2. Have you tried MK1 and 2 for MOD structure and Army CoC?

This should give you the link from CINC to Divs (RLI):

http://www.land.army.r.mil.uk/plans/land/pages/LC_Chart.htm

and then the divs link onto the bdes.

3. Thanks Barbs, I had seen that page!

I now have everything I require, except a decent mug shot of Comd 1 (UK) Armd Div.

I've googled him, searched the intranet and internet and cannot find one. Before I phone his outer office and ask for one, does anyone have a decent picture they could e-mail or PM me a link to it.

Many thanks

MB

4. You didn't try too hard - I just google imaged him and got his pic first time!

I can't do a link, but Google Images will get you Gen Binns' phot