Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armed Forces week

Armed Forces Week 2020 begins on Monday 22 June 2020 and supportive employers across the UK are gearing up to show the whole of the Armed Forces community some much deserved recognition.

Continue reading...

Armed forces week? That's some grade inflation since armed forces day last year...

Dread

LE
Am I just a bitter old cynic for thinking all these "Armed Forces Week/Day" events are a bullshit waste of time and effort?

What does it achieve? A couple of Lt Cols get an MBE for organising a few events, some companies get some free publicity for hiring ex-Forces people for shitty jobs ("Well of course we won't pay you the full commercial rate, you've got your WO2's pension to make up the difference")?

Willing to be educated and have my mind changed...

...but ever since they've started these events, what have they achieved?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Pride is now a month apparently. Soldiers are so last year now. The award ceremonies with tears on the telly will stop, be replaced by the NHS for a bit, then move on to someone who thinks they can dance or sing.

Pride is now a month apparently. Soldiers are so last year now. The award ceremonies with tears on the telly will stop, be replaced by the NHS for a bit, then move on to someone who thinks they can dance or sing.
So is Black History.

What history? Dancing around mud huts, eating missionaries and slotting a few brummies? Let's face it, they've not done much else.

Dread

LE
What history? Dancing around mud huts, eating missionaries and slotting a few brummies? Let's face it, they've not done much else.
That's not true: in Australia they invented a bent stick over 10,000 years.

And in Africa the Nigerians and other coastal tribes managed to enslave over ten million of their fellow Africans and sell them to the Portuguese, Spanish, Brits, Dutch and Americans.

Not to mention a spot of gardening leave in the Caribbean. Actually... don't mention that bit.

slick

LE
I`ve got just the act ready to go....

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
mi flags are up but i couldn't be Arrsed to photo them and put them on here as you've all seen a flag .

Latest Threads