Armed forces veterans badge. ( date change )

#2
I'm begining to wonder whether it would not just be easier to issue them to anyone once they leave the forces....
 
#3
devilish said:
I'm begining to wonder whether it would not just be easier to issue them to anyone once they leave the forces....
Good idea. Go direct to the job of head of the civil service - good ideas department (pick up a badge on the way).
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#4
They already are supposed to but it wasnt around when us old fat and hairless were leaving!
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#5
Adam(KOS) said:
This has possibly been posted before so apologies in advance.

This badge can now be applied for by any one serving before 1995
There is a freephone number for those who are impatient. Exact dates are not necessary just month and year.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/vets_badge/vets_badge.htm

More recent qualifying dates dates are to be rolled out in the future.
Been 31 December 1994 for a while now.
Numerous threads on it.
 

Alsacien

LE
Moderator
#6
devilish said:
I'm begining to wonder whether it would not just be easier to issue them to anyone once they leave the forces....
Along with "Reservist" stamped across your MOD90 rather than being ostracized the day you leave......
 
#7
oldbaldy said:
Adam(KOS) said:
This has possibly been posted before so apologies in advance.

This badge can now be applied for by any one serving before 1995
There is a freephone number for those who are impatient. Exact dates are not necessary just month and year.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/vets_badge/vets_badge.htm

More recent qualifying dates dates are to be rolled out in the future.
Been 31 December 1994 for a while now.
Numerous threads on it.
I thought the qualifying year / date had changed since then, hence the post.
 
#9
Alsacien said:
devilish said:
I'm begining to wonder whether it would not just be easier to issue them to anyone once they leave the forces....
Along with "Reservist" stamped across your MOD90 rather than being ostracized the day you leave......
And if you aren't a Reservist? Can they be ostracized instead? 8)

How about a big "R" for retired/reservist/r.....
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#10
I think it used to be a big R perforated through your placcy mod 90 but as I had a chit in lieu when I left I just handed it in!
 
#13
Quite right, But keeping the MODF90 with a Big "R" For what to use the Naffi shop?
 

Alsacien

LE
Moderator
#14
Cpl_ripper said:
Quite right, But keeping the MODF90 with a Big "R" For what to use the Naffi shop?
Dunno? The septics let their guys continue to use the PX and all the other facilities.
But then again, they have facilities worth using....
 
#15
Alsacien said:
Cpl_ripper said:
Quite right, But keeping the MODF90 with a Big "R" For what to use the Naffi shop?
Dunno? The septics let their guys continue to use the PX and all the other facilities.
But then again, they have facilities worth using....
Have you seen the price of a gym membership in civdiv, much much cheaper to use the gym facilites on camp.

Access to UK stuff for expats. There are a lot of reasons
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#16
Worth applying for my old mod 90 back with an "R" then? Only 20 years after I should have had it!
 
#17
ugly said:
Worth applying for my old mod 90 back with an "R" then? Only 20 years after I should have had it!
Nope. Only the spams do this, the British army still do the "mildly embarassed moist handshake, Thanks , goodbye and Oh don't fcuking bother coming back" routine with soldiers when they leave.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#18
Funnily enough pre options for change they sent out letters to the recently departed asking if they would like to re enlist. I didnt get one. I was reading my files from Glasgow on the floor of my office, quiet day! I couldnt help but laugh at the comments from DS on courses.
 
#19
Steven said:
Have you seen the price of a gym membership in civdiv, much much cheaper to use the gym facilites on camp.

Access to UK stuff for expats. There are a lot of reasons
ID card does not entitle you to use the NAAFI. Without a valid ration card you aren't allowed in the NAAFI, let alone buy anything..... and that includes visiting troops on exercise would you believe.
:?
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#20
I would believe that not that NAAFI has anything decent to offer!
 

Latest Threads

Top