Armed forces veterans badge. ( date change )

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Adam(KOS), Sep 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has possibly been posted before so apologies in advance.

This badge can now be applied for by any one serving before 1995
    There is a freephone number for those who are impatient. Exact dates are not necessary just month and year.

More recent qualifying dates dates are to be rolled out in the future.
  2. I'm begining to wonder whether it would not just be easier to issue them to anyone once they leave the forces....
  3. Good idea. Go direct to the job of head of the civil service - good ideas department (pick up a badge on the way).
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They already are supposed to but it wasnt around when us old fat and hairless were leaving!
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Been 31 December 1994 for a while now.
    Numerous threads on it.
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Along with "Reservist" stamped across your MOD90 rather than being ostracized the day you leave......
  7. I thought the qualifying year / date had changed since then, hence the post.
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

9. And if you aren't a Reservist? Can they be ostracized instead? 8)

How about a big "R" for retired/reservist/r.....
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I think it used to be a big R perforated through your placcy mod 90 but as I had a chit in lieu when I left I just handed it in!
  11. How about just getting over it?
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You are probably right - but if it was that easy we would not be posting here....
  13. Quite right, But keeping the MODF90 with a Big "R" For what to use the Naffi shop?
  14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Dunno? The septics let their guys continue to use the PX and all the other facilities.
    But then again, they have facilities worth using....
  15. Have you seen the price of a gym membership in civdiv, much much cheaper to use the gym facilites on camp.

Access to UK stuff for expats. There are a lot of reasons