Armed Forces Reunions

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by ArmedFReunion, Mar 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. - Home Page

Hello all,

We've created a new website to help us all stay in touch and to organise Reunions for you!!

Have a look around and pass the link on to all you know.

The Armed Forces Reunions Team (all Ex Forces Personnel)
  2. Can you put me in touch with Kev Hughes please?
    • Like Like x 3
  3. From their site "Ex Military Personnel, you can trust in our organising skills "

Is that right?
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

And I thought that's what Regimental Associations were for.
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Me thinks they are in it for a profit unlike the Regt Association, where most reunions are subsidised.
  6. Brotherton Lad

Mmm, every now and then I get the sensation that I suffer from a surfeit of subtlety. What say you?
  7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I'd rather use a pickaxe handle!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brotherton Lad

Pioneer Corps?

(I suppose I should use one of these; :) )
  9. Looks professional as fvck, I'm signing up and so are all my friends, relatives and companion animals. Wouldn't miss out on an opportunity like this.
  10. 3 things happen at reunions, someone gets amusingly dropped, some fat bastard turns up assuming the rank he was when he left in 1990 and the token gronk of a pads wife ends up shoeless and dishevelled before being dragged to the awaiting duty clutch in a cacophony of screeches and cries.

I'd rather invite the token few top blokes to mine and fill them full of steak and Smirnoff before going into town.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Why do you think this will work?
  12. Brotherton Lad

Isn't that the point, though?

(I suppose we had to make our own entertainment in those days.)
  13. Because if people are bone enough they'll clean up nicely, they will charge for the location, the grub, any additional ceremony stuff, the door staff, the bar staff, the waiting on staff, the ale and if they are clever enough they'll have a couple of shiny minibuses to ferry everyone away for a fair price too and on top of that is the heavily subsidised photography fee, maybe the suit hire, could go on and on, more chance of getting the Hindenburg airborne again IMHO.
  14. Love all the idea's, and believe me it will be a fair price!! Why would we try to rip off the people we possibly served with? Like others have mentioned a short small reunion with a Pub Crawl after could be just as successful. An individual asking for a reduction on cost for a particular venue or event doesn't have much sway with things these days. However, a company such as will have a lot more leverage and bargaining power.

We are under no illusions that there will be ways of improving the website, and maybe our events, we look forward to receiving your opinions and suggestions. Our success relies on you to pass the message around.

FYI, Currently we don't have advertisements running on the site nor do we have sponsorship. This venture is funded by two ex military personnel with input from friends from all three services. The service is restricted to personnel with service numbers only so spam shouldn't be a problem.

We hope you like it, spread the word.
    The ArmedForcesReunions Team :thumright:
  15. They all mean well, least they're trying. Bless.
    OP I blind or f+@#*g stupid but your website tells me nothing. Shoulda gone to moonfruit.