Armed Forces Redundancy 2010

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Redundancy Scheme 2010' started by Bodger123, Mar 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Armed Forces (Redundancy, Resettlement and Gratuity Earnings Schemes) Order 2010 No. 345

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2010/uksi_20100345_en_2

Does this mean we can get rid of the fat knackers and ftrs ******* who are clogging up the system.

Above link says effective from 6 Apr 2010 ?

Anyone know what's it's about and why it was passed into statue with no announcements or media coverage?

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. I have read it - but in view of other initiatives to push people out of the army to make way for new recruits. And pending SDR and too many senior officers
    plus cuts everywhere I trust nothing with mcbroon and cohorts.

4. That plus stealth job cuts by not renewing FTRS contracts

5. This happened in the early nineties “Options For Change” they got rid of a lot of experienced Sgt’s C/Sgt’s and WO2’s creating a hell of a void where young inexperienced people were promoted into these positions and let me tell you it was a “Cluster Fu*k” for a good few years. I knew of one guy that went from Sgt to WO2 in three years, he was out of his depth.

Magic

6. Sod that, can I apply for redundancy so I can get back into normal life early, course myself up and do my job in a civvy environment?