Armed Forces Redundancies Announcement, 23 January c.11.30am

DOT

Old-Salt

Armed Forces Restructuring–Final Redundancies

Due to take place at 11.30am* in the Commons Chamber

The Statement is expected to detail the Units where redundancies will take place.

How to watch:

The Statement can be viewed on Parliament TV (Silverlight or Windows Media Player required to stream TV): Player

Transcripts of proceedings in the House of Commons Chamber are available three hours after they happen in Today's House of Commons debates - UK Parliament

* It may begin later if any Urgent Questions or Statements are granted on the day, as Parliamentary business is subject to change.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Be nice if the Army actually briefed it's personnel as well before the media and everyone else!

Just had the brief from CO, except the actual figures for redundency, so anyone got the link for the DIN on the intra-net since they arnt being highlighted ?

Be nice if the Army actually briefed it's personnel as well before the media and everyone else!
Follow your CofC FFS. Once the Cabinet briefs the Army families Federation they will let the Wives club know who will be able to brief their husbands later that night. Simple.

So, there will be a massive TV advertising campaign for the Armed Forces Reserves (Army, Navy and RAF) - oh sorry there already is..... so just how successful has it been, or will it be? Another government and MoD 'Cluster F**k!' perhaps?

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably at 11:15 today. All three Services doing it at the same time, which is nice, but the vast majority of those involved are Army.

The DIB will be released at the same time (or close to it).

So round 4 of the sliming down the Army to be as much use as a girl guide outfit, except for senior officers of course, can't let the real ,Soldiers go can we. If Brig Blogs minor was caned who would make the tea? Is under way.

just to think at one time we could travel 8,000 miles destroy an entire army, put a brew on and make a difference. A few years before that we controlled 1bn people in India with 100,000. Now we couldn't control 75,000 people in a football stadium.

Just what this is doing to those who left behind to carry on the politicos fantasy football dreams heaven knows. Toms will be on Ops for 11 months a year at this rate, and f**k leave and training. You want to what, transfer to another regiment, SGT Major take this scrote for a run, show him who is the best.

Or maybe I missed the mood music that moves the UK armed forces into little more than the Home Guard, in the last few years.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm so bad, I'll go ring my wife and she can back brief me!

Had the full brief first thing this morning, script read out by the CO. I imagine any unit with an ounce of admin could have achieved the same ^~

We had the brief at 0900hrs. Those individuals who are in a bracket have all been individually informed. Still waiting on the DIN to be put on the Intranet so I can check the fields in full.

We had the brief at 0900hrs. Those individuals who are in a bracket have all been individually informed. Still waiting on the DIN to be put on the Intranet so I can check the fields in full.
I wouldn't get excited, unless you work in a medical centre, fire a rifle (primary trade) or are a foreign mercenary. A couple of other odds and sods as well ^~

CAARPS said:
I wouldn't get excited, unless you work in a medical centre, fire a rifle (primary trade) or are a foreign mercenary. A couple of other odds and sods as well
14 in my Regt - all Chefs and Drivers.

Latest Threads