Armed forces personnel complete Hajj

9 Muslim armed forces personnel have travelled to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to undertake the annual Hajj pilgrimage.

Continue reading...

morsk

LE
And in other news, some Catholics went to church.

The MoD can stick their 'look how diverse and inclusive we are' attitude right up their collective hole. No one cares or is fooled.

What happened to the old days when you were obliged to attend the garrison church parade regardless of what sky pixie you believed in or even if you didn’t believe in one at all! :)

WALT

War Hero
Why have they shoved the bird to the front? Shouldn't she be at the back, or better still, in another photo?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Note that this was paid for out of taxation. Precedent now set for other flavours of sky pixie followers.

Other Armed Forces pesonnel managed the trip....

(Bringing some dash -not daesh- and elan to what will deteriorate rapidly into another boring thread crayoning about a certain religion).

Note that this was paid for out of taxation. Precedent now set for other flavours of sky pixie followers.
Like the annual Catholic pilgrimages?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Like the annual Catholic pilgrimages?
I imagine a trip to Lourdes is a bit cheaper, and where is the virtue-signalling MOD RSS post about that? All religion is equally delusional, but this is historically a Christian country and Armed Forces. I await the feasting and drinking in celebration of the old Norse gods being adopted.

I imagine a trip to Lourdes is a bit cheaper, and where is the virtue-signalling MOD RSS post about that? All religion is equally delusional, but this is historically a Christian country and Armed Forces
While not concurring with the delusional opinion, your overall point gets a thumbs up! ;-)

I rather think Gen Dannatt was the precedent, not this... I seem to remember MoD reporting on his support for some soldiers doing the RC equivalent - something about a military pilgrimage, IIRC (to Lourdes?).

...found something. try: DIN 2018DIN01-023: 60th International Military Pilgrimage to Lourdes. Here's a picture of the band of the Parachute Regiment playing at the Pilgrimage in 2015.

So no, not a precedent. More like "seems fair enough to me"... needless to say, the US Army has a terribly worthy tagline for it:

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I rather think Gen Dannatt was the precedent, not this... I seem to remember MoD reporting on his support for some soldiers doing the RC equivalent - something about a military pilgrimage, IIRC (to Lourdes?).

...found something. try: DIN 2018DIN01-023: 60th International Military Pilgrimage to Lourdes. Here's a picture of the band of the Parachute Regiment playing at the Pilgrimage in 2015.

So no, not a precedent. More like "seems fair enough to me"... needless to say, the US Army has a terribly worthy tagline for it:
"The International Military Pilgrimage was established in 1946 to promote reconciliation and peace after World War II. Every year since, for one weekend in May, Lourdes has become a place of prayer and healing for active-duty members and veterans representing more than 40 nations."
Is Alan's Snackbar similarly peaceful?

Is Alan's Snackbar similarly peaceful?
Clearly equally peaceful and soothing to those British soldiers who are of the Muslim faith?

I'm not sure if your issue is with payment at public fund to attend a religious event, British soldiers of the Muslim faith, or the religion of Islam as a whole.

There's even this lot for persons who choose not to express a religious opinion

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Clearly equally peaceful and soothing to those British soldiers who are of the Muslim faith?

I'm not sure if your issue is with payment at public fund to attend a religious event, British soldiers of the Muslim faith, or the religion of Islam as a whole.

There's even this lot for persons who choose not to express a religious opinion

The former, but I don't actually care - just amused at the mass delusion really.

The former, but I don't actually care - just amused at the mass delusion really.
Fair enough.

I still think Sir Richard Burton was nails.

Latest Threads