Armed Forces Pay - all targets met!! Open the champagne!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by pmc_abo, Feb 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being bored late in the pm, I was looking at the AFPAA website link on the MOD site. just a couple of eyebrow raisers....

Did you know that in 2004....the AFPAA's corporate plan...2004 saw it achieve ALL its key perfomance targets. Looking a bit deeper, these targets (namely Target one) were

"to keep the monthly error rate of accuracy for the volume of payments within 0.1%" accuracy being 2% of net pay per individual account.

To quote the chief executive....."The agency has met all of its 2003-2004 key targets and made a significant enabling contribution in support of operations in Iraq not only in its work on the mobilisation of reservists but by achieveing its primary role of timely and accurate administrative support- our servicemen and women on the front line"

Is it me, or does this sound like another Army??? BTW I am not having a pot at our SPS friends, to think this agency (mainly a US IT company EDS)- got paid 124 million pounds last year.

Less than 0.1% of pay was inaccurate, is it just me?

Any views??
  2. somewhere between 9000-10000 personnel in the army (no idea what the figure is tri service) are currently being paid incorrectly since the introduction of pay 2000. So every month around 10 percent of the army are paid wrongly before you even start to count that months cockups.

I wouldnt be surprised of a figure of around 40-50 percent of pay incorrect. Not sure how your supposed to read that snippet from AFPAA, suffice to say your probably not suposed to understand it, lest you question it.

3. LOL! What a complete work of fiction!! :D

Even the latest quarterly G1 update from LAND didn't dare state anything as ludicrously false as that!!

:D :D :D :D :D

(The update is UNCLASSIFIED so I will post vast chunks of it when I get back to the office)
  4. Met all key targets! That means my problem ain't a key target.........Just been told today that my pay problem (p2k from LR to HR after transfer) will be sorted either May or possibly september of this year (heard that twice before since 2002). 'But dont worry, at least you will have some money coming to you once its sorted'.

SORT IT OUT U..........................
  5. Reebrov, been in the same situation, LR to HR on trade change and owed an increment since Sept 2001. Got a grand off them last year because they said i couldnt have it, but i'm using it as something of a savings account.

That said. The MOD party line on this is its manageable at unit level, and you can draw what you are owed on a monthly basis from you pay office. Having said that, the amount of tooth sucking you go through is huge, but fun to watch. If you not missing it, let it add up. Spend a couple of grand on wine, women and song then waste the rest.