Armed Forces "..not small enough"

Why dont we have a Royal Small Regiment.

I know these little people get a large chip on their shoulder about doing "able bodied" jobs but does anyone know of any dwarves serving in the forces?

If you put them on a Sub, it would be like a palace for the creepy little fookers.

If you assigned one per tank crew they could stow themselves in a corner and then once the real work is done they can pop out and cook, clean and "square away" before the next work.

You could even put one in a RPAS as an Autopilot incase the data link was scrambled or the computer wanted a break.

If we want to downsize the forces but keep a similar force, perhaps dwarves are the future?[/QUOTEf
Why dont we have a Royal Small Regiment.

I know these little people get a large chip on their shoulder about doing "able bodied" jobs but does anyone know of any dwarves serving in the forces?

If you put them on a Sub, it would be like a palace for the creepy little fookers.

If you assigned one per tank crew they could stow themselves in a corner and then once the real work is done they can pop out and cook, clean and "square away" before the next work.

You could even put one in a RPAS as an Autopilot incase the data link was scrambled or the computer wanted a break.

If we want to downsize the forces but keep a similar force, perhaps dwarves are the future?
Dwarfs you say? Should make sports afternoon interesting.
I only want one that can juggle and do a monkey dance

This is going to make demo briefings tricky.
"Where are they,?"
"The troops are over there, minister. It's not far, they are just small"
"What about the other troops?"
"Ah, you can't see them easily, they are both small and far away"

Perhaps, I have recently learned I am descended from a long line of underage single mothers from the Orkneys.
What's the point of putting the father on the Birth Certificate when you have the same name as your Dad?
Not from a single mother, but Tom from Orkney, son of Tom, descendant of a long line starting with shipwrecked “old Torsil” then Tom ......

I once stood inside a T62 in BAOR. I was surprised to see that my head and shoulders stuck out of the hatch with my feet on the floor. Apparently the Russians used tank crews from Mongolia. btw I'm only 5 ft 11.

I once stood inside a T62 in BAOR. I was surprised to see that my head and shoulders stuck out of the hatch with my feet on the floor. Apparently the Russians used tank crews from Mongolia. btw I'm only 5 ft 11.
Aye, it's interesting (& at times amusing) watching @California_Tanker squeezing his 6'4" in & out of multiple AFVs.

As a shorter person myself, I find the suggestion that smaller people can't be effective soldiers offensive in the extreme. I'm not happy.

As a shorter person myself, I find the suggestion that smaller people can't be effective soldiers offensive in the extreme. I'm not happy.
There's no need to be grumpy, even when you're given short shrift.

Legend has it the Commie Scum desiged tanks around 5'5" crew because conscription said they could.

Smaller hull and turret volume, full size engine and gun.

Presumably in a fist fight the Dragoon Guards would kick fûck out of the Moscow Teeny Tankers.

Latest Threads