Armed Forces Job Fair

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by bfrs, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BFRS are hosting a Job Fair specifically aimed at Service personnel and their skills set. There will be over 50 high profile companies exhibiting and looking to employ Ex Military personnel. The event is free and open to any Service leaver past, present and future to come and have a look at your options for your future.

The event will be held on 3 Feb 11 @ Scotch Corner Hotel, JA1/A66 Nr Darlington, Richmond, North Yorks, DL10 6NR. Doors open at 1030 and is due to finish at approx 1530. If you would like to pre-register either call 0845 3082406 or e-mail me kirsty@bfrss.org.uk.

Look forward to seeing you there!

2. The only experience I had with a job fair was 3 years ago when I walked into the room and all I got from these so called high profile firms was them offering courses for my resettlement money, not jobs.
    Possibly call it a "Courses Fair" that would put it better.

You could get the firms to tell you how many vacancies that they have and advertise this to the service leavers.

3. Civi,
    You are spot on, it happened to me 2 years ago.
    What a waste of time, the only benefit I gained was a free trip home to visit my family.
    Courses Fair would be the honest name for it.
    Rip off Squaddies and the tax payer, another gravy train hey?
    Rodge.

4. bfrs,

If you could let arrse know who may be coming with job offers it might help.

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Last time I went to a job fair I ended up joining the Navy.

Never again.

6. Hi,

It isn't a Gravy Boat for training providers! There is genuine companies with genuine vacancies who are exhibiting such as:

British Gas
    AMEC
    QTS Group
    Jobs4Mining / Jobs4Medical
    Yorkshire Water
    Hilton Group
    Punch Taverns
    Plus many more.

There is also service providers available to offer advice about business start up, CV workshops and franchise opportunities.

There will be a few, select training companies, We at BFRS are all ex-Mil and know the pitfalls that are out there with training providers!!

7. I've signed up for it. If anyone wants a lift from Darlo or Catterick PM me.

8. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Sounds great, do they have coconut sheys and sticks with ducks

9. The event was a great success, a big thank you to all those who attended. We will be holding another event in Sep location and venue TBD, but I will post in the forum as soon as I have the details.

Thanks again for your support.

10. Same here. I won't be going though. I will however take some leave and put a dodgy claim in for MMA. That'll teach the ***** to reduce my HDT and FIA money. Six warrants left to blow. Cheers easy.