Armed Forces ID

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Villager, Aug 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a member of the family repeatedly kept getting refused to get his army id accepted in shops and pubs, I wrote to the Prime Minister and had a moan. I have had a letter back from the MOD at Whitehall to say that Armed forces ID has been added to the Home Office Website as an acceptable form of ID as it displays the three criteria required, a holographic mark, dob and photo. The MOD has written to retailers and organisations to filter this information through but it is taking a while for them to disseminate through to its staff. If you are refused, ask to speak to a manager and ask them to look on the Home Office website where it will clearly state that Armed Forces ID is acceptable along with Driving Licences, Passports etc.

We all need to push this now as so many trainees have their licences and passports retained while they are training or are packed away as they are on operations.

2. Poor attempt - show again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry but my big bag of bothered seems to be empty.

• Like Like x 3
  4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Traders can accept what they want. Me feels that someone is on the blag for cut price goodies here.

5. Have you got a link to where it says a forces id is approved because I can't find it.

6. Not this old chestnut again, its not a flipping club card or a discount card, its an army id card.

7. And its a bad idea to go around flashing a MOD 90 in public. It stays at the back of the wallet out of the way! If he has a driving license then use that! If not, then tell him to get driving lessons!

8. Acquire a provisional driving licence like everyone else if you don't want to carry your passport about.

9. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I took it for granted that some twonk in uniform, with a funny accent and dragging around an SLR was Army. But in future I will ask for ID.

10. If he's dragging round an SLR, he's at least 20 years too late as anyone serving now will never have used one of them in anger or possibly even seen one unless it's in a film.

11. I know people still in that had them in the gulf.

12. wrong ^~

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dunno about the Home Office or MOD having put anything out, but there is this:

from House of Commons Hansard Debates for 14 Mar 2011 (pt 0001) (search for "mod form 90" to jump to the right place -- it's a long page!)

14. 21 years ago.

15. Ok, maybe not all, you old ****** ;-)

• Like Like x 1