Armed forces face Browns fury

Armed forces face Brown's fury
Sunday Telegraph
Link
Defence chiefs believe that the Armed Forces are now viewed by senior Labour figures as a "Tory organisation", leaving them at risk of incurring the wrath of Gordon Brown, the Chancellor.

Senior officers fear that relations with Labour are so bad that the Chief of the Defence Staff will have to issue official orders at senior level, banning the leaking of stories damaging to the Government.

Months of unofficial briefings by senior commanders have sparked increasing fears that the Ministry of Defence will be left the "poor relations" of Government spending, with defence budgets slashed during this year's Comprehensive Spending Review.

The crisis has been fuelled in recent months by a deluge of leaked documents and a series of bitter attacks on the Government's defence policy by senior military figures, complaining that the Armed Forces are under-resourced but over-committed on operations around the world.

Defence chiefs are also understood to be deeply concerned that the leaking of documents will appear to the wider Labour Party as part of a "corporate strategy" to extract more money from the Treasury ahead of the review.

Blimey!

Good thing that fat sweaty fcuk didn't read the poll on this site yesterday!!

If the greedy, sweaty jock w@nker didn't tax us all to hell and back, and then keep our troops in such poor finance, then we might very well be mostly Labour supporters.

All he has to do is put the money into the system that his party is abusing so badly, and then we won't hate him and his corrupt, dirty, greedy, self serving, traitorous party.

Mikal said:
If he won't tolerate honest feedback then he's not fit for any top job.
Like so many of these deviants, Brown will not tolerate any form of honesty, full stop.

I suppose the possibility that they all will be turfed out of their jobs come the next General Elections is the only ray of hope in all this gloom. However, if Brown does start to flex his muscle he's going to find it very difficult to keep to existing commitments - personnel will leave in droves - even faster than they are now. Maybe MoD will raise the recruitment age ceiling to 65. That should set the final seal on Britain's standing in the world.

Incidentally, it's now rumoured that he's sending his child to a £15,000 pa special school. I don't begrudge the child such a blessing, but I certainly do wonder at Brown's double standards.... Still, little different to the Blairs and so many other NuLab politicos. Snouts, troughs etc. What about such people as Chandler Biddiss and so on?

Sorry, I haven't finished!

morally corrupt, un-idealistic, un-realistic, over-paid, over-fed, scottish, tight, namby-pamby, American-arse-kissing, disloyal, stupid, ignorant, lazy, good-for-nothing, hypocritical, murdering BBAAASSSSSTAARRRDDDSS.

That is what consititutes the labour party.