Armed Forces Day

Is anyone expecting anything from this Island of self-obsessed and self-pitying retards.

I'm not nor do I want to. The "people" here aren't worth the sh!t on my shoe.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Or the steam off my shit, or the scrapings off my teeth.

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Its also the 80th Anniversary of the Battle of Britian this year. Not heard much about any celebrations for it though.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable BBC documentary where a handful of black and ethnic minority pilots held of the Luftwaffe single handed while also suffering at the hands of those racist white pilots of the RAF. The Luftwaffe of course was full of non Nazi's who really liked black people, were made to fight, and were just waiting for us to liberate them from that nasty Hitler type they didn't like at all.

We had a German exchange pilot on a squadron I was on, he was given the task of arranging the annual Battle of Britian party. Asked him once if he minded doing it. He said no, he didn't blame the RAF as this was basically down to the Luftwaffe for not winning and he would be having a strong word when he went back.

Dread

LE
There was a post from the MoD's RSS feed about this year's Armed Forces Week.

I'm of the view that it is a total waste of time, and if anything allows the government (red or blue) to perpetuate the lie that those in office actually give a flying **** about the military: they don't.

The government, and especially the MoD (including those in uniform) and the Treasury have treated military personnel as though the military is a normal commercial activity for more than 25 years (Options for Change could be seen as the start of the process).

Screwing soldiers over their pensions, constantly eroding terms and conditions, etc.: the list is long one. As Kipling observed, the public only give a **** about the military when the bullets start to fly, otherwise the military are ignored (at best).

Armed Forces Day is where, in order to let the public celebrate ourselves, we deprive ourselves of a weekend and put on demonstrations to the general public, self-generate work and fcuk ourselves about so we can really appreciate how much we are valued by society as a whole.

I shall celebrate by going out for a curry after a session with all my mates down the local. Oh... actually... I ******* won't. I'll stand on the doorstep waving a ******* cheap plastic flag... made in China. Yep. That's more like it.

I'm of the view that it is a total waste of time, and if anything allows the government (red or blue) to perpetuate the lie that those in office actually give a flying **** about the military: they don't.
I was due to marshal at a RBL event, obviously cancelled.

Your words are strong, but true. I don't think I'll help perpetuate the lie in future.

What was the name of that anthrax-tested island in the Hebs somewhere. I'll move there come retirement (17 long years) and anyone who wants to join a quasi-90s garrison run by me as CO can march each other about to their hearts' content.

Area sweeps every Monday morning, Sporties Wed Afternoon, Stables Fri morning followed by COs PT (a slow waddle or drinks in the Mess shrubbery.

What was the name of that anthrax-tested island in the Hebs somewhere. I'll move there come retirement (17 long years) and anyone who wants to join a quasi-90s garrison run by me as CO can march each other about to their hearts' content.

Area sweeps every Monday morning, Sporties Wed Afternoon, Stables Fri morning followed by COs PT (a slow waddle or drinks in the Mess shrubbery.
Gruinard - it was declared Anthrax free a number of years ago.

Gruinard - it was declared Anthrax free a number of years ago.
I know it was declared free. How else is the Mess Shrub idea going to work?

On topic, if there's sod all else going on in their lives then The Great British Public can go to a Remembrance Day service while having their untutored and uncivilised progeny run around the memorial like the vermin they are.

Magic Grandpa must be confused, he heard it was armed forces day, checked his diary and thought but it's not Al Quds day

Danatanian

Old-Salt
As a fascist baby killing oppressor of ethnic minorities, I find it best to keep quiet about my time in uniform.
Me too.

As I am ex RAF and have therefore enjoyed some of the worlds best hotels, and their superb wifi, I am the number one target for disgruntled asylum seekers who have been housed in mere four star accommodation.

I live in the Highlands of Scotland and am glad of it. I would last about ten minutes anywhere south of Aviemore.

Count me in.

Can I wear clown lightweights and Combat 95 boots, unit tshirt and a ratty old 1980s DPM jacket please?