Armed Forces Day - Wear Your Uniform At Work

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SigDev_Duck, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I work at Main Building, in an organisation consisting of 25 civilian and 15 service personnel.

None of the service pers normally wear a uniform - it will be interesting to see how many follow the various recent pronouncements and wear their uniform here tomorrow.

(Sorry if I've missed this topic elsewhere - tried searching for existing threads on this, without luck.)
  2. Is this"wear your uniform at work day" an official government sponsored idea?

Or just a bunch of TA walts trying to show off and impress Doris on reception?

3. How can a serving member of HM forces be classed as a walt ?
  4. Which "TA walts" would those be then? The ones who have been walting it up under fire in Iraq and Afghanistan perhaps?

Personally I'd rather have my head nailed to the floor than turn up at work in uniform - but hats off to those who have the balls to do it.
  5. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Thanks mate... not very helpful for that comment.

I did my bit in a dusty place and had towelheads throwing things at me. The TA are not a bunch of Walts. Have some respect for us... or we'll stomp on yer puny pasty face.
  6. Sorry you haven't answered my question.

an official government scheme or people who are not satisfied with the fact that they serve, but seek recognition, and perhaps the chance to impress the work experience girl? by bigging it up in uniform?
  7. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I don't big it up, as you like to say - that IS for Walts, but I'm feckin proud of my uniform and my rank slide. Asfor work experience mongs... haven't met one yet that I'd want to slip one!
  8. Part of armed forces day. So yes a "government sponsored initiative". GJ to any STAB who does it as well!
  9. To answer your question - Yes, this is an official scheme, properly promulgated and applying to both regular and reserve personnel who would not normally wear their uniform to work.
  10. Thanks for clearing that up for me
  11. Sorry to be pedantic but whats wrong with that statement?
  12. Its a formal MOD scheme, and certainly in MB tomorrow, all military staff will be encouraged to be in uniform, be they regular or reservist. As a reservist, I'll be coming in in rig tomorrow, and so will my regular colleagues.
  14. I'm toying with the idea. It could be good for recruiting! :D
    Our OC is keen for us to do it.
  15. :roll: Here we go again!